This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

Maximus2000uk

Well personally i knew the cupra wouldnt carry over all of the concepts design features, i think the main issue people are having with this cupra is the fact that the rear end looks tacky, its sitting high up in the sky, and that it doesnt have wide fenders giving it a more aggressive look. Clio 197 and corsa vxr each have bodykits that make the stance slightly wider and pretty much every panel on them are changed from the lower models. They look unique and special, the ibiza doesnt.

Also compared to the competition, the only thing the ibiza has that they dont is the 7 speed DSG gearbox, something I personally wouldnt want. I prefer a traditional manual and for tuning purposes a traditional manual is the only way to go.

Other than that the compeition is already better than this cupra. More power, likely to have better chassis', cheap prices, and a bigger change in design over the lower models. I can see big discounts coming on this cupra unless they make some changes. This cupra would be a perfect car if its not the top of the range ibiza but if it is it doesnt stand a chance, unless price starts at 14k.

The Cio 197 & Corsa VXR do have bodykits, but if you read what people say about them, certainly about the Corsa, you will see that its just a branch of Halfords, all stuck to the base of a Corsa. With regards to the 197, nobody would ever compare the old Ibiza Cupra to the old Clio 182, because the Clio would have eaten it for breakfast. The 197 looks like a normal Clio aside from the vents on the sides, and the rear diffuser and a wide bodykit.

The image shown now of the Ibiza Cupra, is, as someone has already said, similar to how SEAT run their part of the VW Group. They do not release pictures showing the Cupra looking hardcore and like the concept idea, because its not just people on this forum who are buying the car. In fact quite a lot of people on SCN seem to like the Cupra and, with bigger wheels, it'll look the part. Furthermore, the angles the photos are taken from make it look crappy, but its just an angle.

Furthermore, bear in mind that the Leon FR & Leon Cupra looked quite normal until the larger wheels and bodykit options came about. I have a Leon FR and I stop to look at most Leons I see because the differences between them, from a distance at least, is hard to tell.

The bodykits for the Ibiza, and the larger wheels for the car too, will arrive when official figures and spec sheets are published, so be patient before you judge something on appearance alone. The Ibiza Cupra has small wheels in the photos but its a lovely looking car. Likewise Cameron Diaz has acne, but I wouldnt say no.

Fergal84

Aug 23, 2007
Its not as eye catching as the bocanegra, but it doesn't look too bad, will just have to wait and see what it looks like ithe metal

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Is there any interior pictures yet? Photoshops on here are making me want one, either in yellow or white! But it would have to be diesel sadly.

hermann

Also, can anyone do a photoshop in white with the black front end?

Bit of a rough job...

22071_candy_Bocanegranose.jpg

Leonidas

Just A thought, but Wat if SEAT arent playing the horsepower war this time out and have focused on handling. They might have put the multilink axle from the new A1 in:funk:

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
Just A thought, but Wat if SEAT arent playing the horsepower war this time out and have focused on handling. They might have put the multilink axle from the new A1 in:funk:

Doubt it. The a1 needs that to justify it's premium cost over the ibiza and polo.

Poverty

no chance. The cupra wont be the most powerful nor the best handling. I bet once the price gets revealed it will show that this will be a warm hatch and not their true hothatch.

Poverty

yeah looks better there. Car isnt sitting high in the air and the wheels dont look lost in the arches.

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
i saw an ibiza SC in black today outside my dealers and thought it looked the nuts, all it needed as an absolute slamming. i'm sure this will look ok given the right treatment :)

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
Actually i take it all back, after seeing futher pictures of this esspecially that one in yellow, this blatently is the Bocenegra, aside from the led's etc with would never have made it to the production line.

Im actually starting to take a shine to it, and im sure once seen in the flesh it will look very nice!

Now its just a case of "How much?"....

Maximus2000uk

Right, so having slagged off the Cupra, everyone now likes it.

Gee, what a difference some decent wheels makes. If only i'd suggested to people to wait until it comes out with larger rims...oh wait, I did!

Phuture

Feb 15, 2007
LOL, i hold my hands up, i didnt like the first images of it and the new ones are now looking rather tastey.

BUT, how good is the new DSG paddle setup gonna be in it, i have no idea how these work. Is it a good choice for the cupra? Im quite interested to drive one and see how different it feel going through the rev range.

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
LOL, i hold my hands up, i didnt like the first images of it and the new ones are now looking rather tastey.

BUT, how good is the new DSG paddle setup gonna be in it, i have no idea how these work. Is it a good choice for the cupra? Im quite interested to drive one and see how different it feel going through the rev range.

I'd only consider getting one if they did it in manual as well

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.