This is where to get Radio H/U Refurbished - Mk3 Ibiza

darkmanx

just another update, i got my stereo back wednesday having had to send it back as it recreated the problem. Put it back in the second time and its been working fine ever since. Such a massive saving on the price the stealers charge for a new one reccomend GTS to anyone. Top Class!!

cruising03uk

street sleeper
May 10, 2006
north london
hi guys i have a problem with my headunit mk3 ibiza cupra, the air con keeps turning itself on and temp keeps changing and also it keeps turning my radio on off constantly every 3 seconds, when i unplug the air con controls plug from back of headunit its fine radio tape work when i plug air con back in i get problem straight away recon its a fault they coud fix as i suspect its within the big headunit??????????????

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
cruising03uk, just give GTS a call & tell them the problems you are haveing as

the Air con is controled by a mother board located within the head unit, all it

will cost is the price of a phone call to find out if they can help.

please don't for get to let us know if they can help & the service that you

recieve

punker_tdi

My unit was playing up with similar symtoms to Tuxy's.
I was to be out of the country on business for a week so I sent it off on a Friday afternoon from a Belfast PO by next day special delivery (for approx 7.40) with a cheque for the 47 quid flat rate repair fee and symtom note as per the call with the nice man at GTS.
The unit arrived back completely repaired on the Tuesday via UPS to my inlaws place out in the sticks. Must have been repaired and dispatched on the Monday. I'm very impressed with the repair job, customer service and the responsiveness of GTS.

Thank you very much cbr40017 for your research and for posting the info here.

I had unfortunately bought the dashboard part a few weeks prior to this thread. Seat refuse to take it back and I was darn sure not to pay them another penny.

Fleetwood Woody

Wow, stumbled on this site while looking for a fix for my Ibiza 1.4s HU.

Absolutely excellent info guys, wish me luck for when I'm removing and refitting the Head Unit!

Oh and Hello!

Zen2906

GTS have pulled out

Hi, I took the details fr GTS down and when I called to arrange for my HU to be shipped to the they said that they have ceased performing diagnostics and repairs on the HU. Now I'm stuck with a HU that doesnt work and I don't fancy a 280 pound bill for a new one. Can any1 help? Is there no one else? Does any1 know which diode is faulty on the board?

Heavertron

I called GTS on Friday, and they will still repair the Grundig High head unit from a Mk3 Ibiza (praise the lord). I will ship to them today, and let everyone know how I get on. They did quote me £55.43 including vat and return postage, but I was so happy at the prospect of my battery not discharging every night, that I did not haggle. Thanks to you guys for your guidance.

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
Has anyone got an e-mail address for them please?

I keep getting the answerphone, so I thought that dropping them an email would be easier as I don't want them to phone me back as I can't get to a phone during a normal working day.

My problems are the damn volume control being too sensitive and going from 19-2 in a mm turn of the dial and the CD changer sometimes not being recognised.

Thanks

Zen2906

Heavertron, could you post the contact telephone number you used to see if it is different to the one I used. They flat refused to talk to me about fixing my headunit saying they no longer offered the service.

Heavertron

Hi Zen,

Sure:

GTS Intermedia Services Ltd
Unit 36, Woodside Park
Rugby
Warwickshire
CV21 2NP
+44 (0) 1788570088

As others say, the chap I spoke to was very nice. Which model of h/u did you enquire about?

I hope that the guy I spoke to was not mistaken, and they do offer this service, as my h/u has just been sent special delivery :-(

Zen2906

Didn't even get that far. I was only told that they used to have a contract to do it but now ceased the service as the contract ran out. Its from a 1.9STDI Ibiza, don't have the model number at hand. I'll give them another call and c what turns up.

cheers for the info.

Z

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
As i started this thred, i thought i would have a look for an email address but to no avail, but they do have a fax No

Note: closed 12:30 - 13:30 (lunch)

G T S INTERMEDIA SERVICES LTDBusiness Directory
WOODSIDE PARK
RUGBY
CV212NP

01788 570 088
01788 577 227 fax

Heavertron

I have spoken with GTS again.

They say that they have lost the courier contract with DHL, so although they still have the skills to perform the repairs, the cost to return the unit to us is prohibitive. The guy I spoke to said that if we can organise postage both ways (not sure if the post office can offer this service) they are happy to continue to refurb these units.

Mine should be back repaired on monday! :-D

Heavertron

Recieved my h/u back. Now working perfectly. I'm very chuffed with the service from GTS. I'd say it's probably worth £100 to have it working again, so if others have problems convincing them to undertake repairs, maybe try to up the ante and offer them £100, as they are a small business who could use a bit of support from us.

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
Recieved my h/u back. Now working perfectly. I'm very chuffed with the service from GTS. I'd say it's probably worth £100 to have it working again, so if others have problems convincing them to undertake repairs, maybe try to up the ante and offer them £100, as they are a small business who could use a bit of support from us.

Hi Heavertron, can you let us know How you sent your H/U (parcel force etc) & how much so that other people have an idea as to how much it may cost them

Heavertron

I posted my h/u Royal Mail special delivery (from the post office) which arrived next day. The cost is about £7, but the item is insured up to £500 I believe.

The guy at GTS said it depends who you speak to whether they will accept the repair or not, as mentioned, they are downsizing, so have lost the contract with the courier, which means some of the engineers might not be willing to deal with all the trouble of return postage.

If you speak to them on the phone and have problems with them accepting the repair, the best bet is to:

1) Say that a friend got the service, can they check with a colleague,
2) Bribe them by offering £100 (they are a small company),
3) Enclose return postage packaging to make it easy for them to return the unit to you once repaired.

I'm happy to support these small independent guys. Lord knows the Stealers could do with some competition.

Hope this helps some people.

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
Thanks Heaverton for the detailed reply to this problem as to whether they will repair or not.

I have pasted your reply in to my first post so that any one new looking for the first time will see how you sorted your H/U, With credit to you (of Course).
Thanks

Sparksy_2k8

Hey has anyone used this company recently and got any feedback??

BBZ 968

H/U unit repairs

Have today rung GTS to have my unit repaired......No Go.

GTS no longer offer this service...The operative with the expertise no longer works for GTS and the parts ar no longer available.

They do not work for Seat Uk anymore and have not done any repairs in the last year.

So ....I will have to look to an alternative company. I remember a forum member did post an alternative contact somewhere in the South.

Can anyone help ?

Shaun

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members