Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

This is why meets get a bad name!!!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Chat' started by ChrisJKM, Jul 19, 2019.

1. ChrisJKM

ChrisJKM Active Member

2. Very sad and unnecessary.

3. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Well, that would explain all the "No car cruising" signs we have around the Midlands. Thing is, the organiser said they were gathering to look at cars. But clearly they weren't parked up at a pub looking. They were ragging em up and down the dual carriageway with spectators lining the roads!

4. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+

Always one who ruins it for the rest, lucky people weren't killed. Like above its clear they don't just gather and look... Even when we travel in groups to events its nice and calm.

5. Legojon

I guess that's the bonus of keeping the location in private chat. Article reckons it was on FB/Snapchat. But TBH, if I was at a meet and people were clearly dragging it, I'd just go before the :cop: rocked up anyway. Hassle I don't need.

bigT's lcr and Seastormer like this.
  6. Krafty_Bizkit

Krafty_Bizkit Active Member

A mate of mine lives near this and says this meet is notorious for silly behavior so this was inevitable. The crowd always egg on the drivers to boot it.

Hope those injured recover, this will likely be the last for a fair while in that area

Legojon likes this.
  7. ChrisJKM

ChrisJKM Active Member

Exactly you can tell when things are getting out of control and reckless but it's still these people that give car clubs and forums a bad name.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon likes this.
  8. Maypack

Maypack Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage

Too right. Agree with you fully there. Time and a place for everything and personally I prefer our “social” meets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisJKM, BadBoy03 and Legojon like this.
  9. Legojon

TBH, I don't regard people at those types of meets as "car enthusiasts". In my mind, there must have been a couple of thousand modified cars at Trax. Some serious $$$ and bhp. And yet noone was out burning up and down the local national speed limit roads. To me, that's an enthusiast, someone who respect's their car and the others round them.

Lozzy15, Yellow fr, Brimfull and 2 others like this.
  10. Yern

Yern Active Member

Guy whose been in charge of the Herts Cruise meets for the last 10 years - "But we've decided we're not going to run these any more. After 17 years, it's over." (Sky News)

11. ChrisM75

ChrisM75 Active Member

I agree that these things aren't a proper meet. One make meets and larger organised meets that use a proper show ground are not like these 'turn up in a car park' things.

Much has been made of boy racers in the press, but not everyone that goes to these things are young lads, there are plenty of middle aged drivers at these things, who should know better.

Legojon likes this.
  12. Bosher

Bosher Active Member

Just to show my age now I used to go to the original Chelsea Cruises :D
    Most cars barely went above 20mph, and the deep grumbling burble from dozens of big V8's made the earth tremble.
    The events were marshalled well with plenty of trafic cops who took an interest in the cars and trucks.
    Though I have to admit the journey up and back wasn't at 20mph :whistle:

Jimbobcook and Krafty_Bizkit like this.
  13. Krafty_Bizkit

Krafty_Bizkit Active Member

I used to go to the Chelsea cruise as a teen (14/15 yo) was always a great cruise

Bosher likes this.