Those electrical gremlins again...

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
Has anyone had any problems with the door sensor on the toledo? I think mine's just given up the ghost, so to speak.

First of all, my lights on warning buzzer stopped working, so I checked all the fuses. all OK, and no bulbs have blown.

Also, the central locking has been playing up a bit too. If I open the drivers door and leave it open, after about 30 seconds, the doors will lock, which I assume they should only do with the doors closed. Sometimes, the alarm will go off too.

Does this sound like a door sensor fault? Or could it be something more serious?

Maybe the alarm goes off because there is an intermittent short on the sensor, making the alarm think the door has opened when its supposed to be shut and locked.

Anyone else had this problem? Cheers.

jdesousa

Jun 13, 2008
Nottingham
I was just about to start a thread with exactly the same problem.

I have got exactly the same problem with my tolly. It must be the door sensor. I think the doors lock and the alarm goes of because it doesn't recognise that the driver door was opened. I also noticed that the light that is located in the door is not working. I've not checked the bulb yet but if the bulb is blown, will that cause a problem with the door sensor.

And where is the sensor??? Can't find it anywhere!!! :confused:

jdesousa

Jun 13, 2008
Nottingham
Found some info while searching.

It sounds like its the door sensor which is part of the door catch that needs replacing or try wd40 on the catch and hope for the best.

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
Hmmm.

I hate it when VAG make stuff hard to fix:cry:

Does anyone have any ideas on how much it would be to replace the door lock, or replace the switch if possible?

I've just had a thought, maybe the wires have somehow broken in the rubber flexible bit where the door meeds the car? That would explain why the light has stopped too.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members