Those of you with ebay intercoolers . .

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
I took all my piping apart today on my intercooler and refixed with new clamps , to try and get rid of what I think is a boost leak.

Im just wondering how you guys who have the same intercooler as me, have joined the new pipework to the pipe going to the throttle body ?

I just have a piece of alloy pipe joined to the plastic oe pipe with a rubber sleeve and clamps. Is this normal ?

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Same as ive done then I just used what was in the kit and joined it to the oe plastic pipes where need be.

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
as above on the plastic but the alloy they supply is a good as scrap. mine kept blowing off on boost! had mine all fabricated out of stainless with flanges on the ends to stop them slipping off!

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Look at my readers ride mate, i located my chrage pipe past the washer bottle and as for the other plastic bit leading to the throttle bodie and gonna change that to alloy pipe as well.

Rab

daves ibiza

ebay coolers are poo mate and pipework is terrible thats why i went for A-M motorsports . with custom pipework same as rab. if keeping ebay pipes get some uprated clamps others wise ull be blowing pipes off unexpected;)

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
have a look at my ebay cooler mate on readers rides, bought the pipework off the bay with the decent clamps you can get never had a pipe blow as yet soon to get them welded together aswell so should look abit neater!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.