1. Hi Guest. Booking is now open for our national meet on Sunday 14th July - all SEATs and CUPRAs welcome - we'd love to see you there. - Find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Thoughts on Arona

Discussion in 'Arona' started by Jimbobcook, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook MK2 Cupra R Stock+
    Staff Member

Evening all,

My parents are looking at a 1.5 tsi Arona FR for their car of choice after having a company car for so long.

As I'm not an Arona expert is there anything to look for or get within the packages that makes this car better than most?

I think they want a nearly new 2nd hand so unable to order their own model.

Any help or guidance would be great

Cheers

2. Briant566

Briant566 Full Member

Hi
    I would be very suprised if you find a 1.5 Model as very few about as only just been availed due to the 1.5 engine availability .
    You will find a few of the 115 engines for sale and this engine is quite ok for most people

3. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Thanks for the reply, I've seen a couple of the 1.5 for sale with like 4k on the clock but I get what you mean it will be harder... I think they have till October to find one so they have a while.

The only reason I stay away from the 1.0 which is a great engine he's coming from a 2.2ltr diesel which will make the 1.0 feel a bit gutless I think...

4. Jordan6f

Jordan6f Member

I have just dropped down from a seat Leon fr+ which was 2L petrol (211bhp) and have just picked up the seat arona and a seat Ibiza both with the 1L (115) and tbh is didn't feel that gutless I do however have the dsg version in both which could possibly help make it feel that bit more powerful but as a whole I was actually quite surprised and how happy I am with the smaller engine

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook likes this.
  5. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Thanks for the info, I may suggest the lesser engine then as the 211bhp is probably quicker than their diesel when it matter off the line...

I guess its getting enough of a test drive to know if its for them.

I'll let them know my findings and see what they say.

6. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

Had a manual 1.0 / 95 for a whole day and it drove really well.
    Felt much more modern and solid than my MY18 Toledo. Better handling and ride and a flatter torque curve than my 1.0 / 110 so surprisingly easier to drive.

7. PhilYerBoots

PhilYerBoots Full Member

+1 for the 1.0 engine.
    Had our Arona 115bhp dsg for over a year now and would never describe it as gutless.
    Coming from a 2.0 diesel Leon FR 170 I find it surprisingly quick for a 1.0 and the 3 cylinder grumble when pushing it isn't unpleasant either.

8. Barry Stockton

Barry Stockton New Member

We have just bought a Arona FR Sport, 115bhp with DSG gearbox. Drives great, lots of useable power. We traded in a Mercedes C class 170bhp so would not have gone to a 'gutless' smaller car.

9. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Good to know, thanks for your feedback :)

10. LouG

LouG Full Member

I'm thoroughly impressed with our FR. I don't feel short changed when we take it instead of my Cupra. It's quiet, has a nice compliant ride, even on 18's. It's chuckable in the twistys and that tiny 3 pot feels like a bigger torquier engine. Who would have thought you'd see a 1 litre engine regularly running under 2000 rpm in town?