Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Thoughts on Arona

Discussion in 'Arona' started by Jimbobcook, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook SCN sticker = +20bhp
    Staff Member

Evening all,

My parents are looking at a 1.5 tsi Arona FR for their car of choice after having a company car for so long.

As I'm not an Arona expert is there anything to look for or get within the packages that makes this car better than most?

I think they want a nearly new 2nd hand so unable to order their own model.

Any help or guidance would be great

Cheers

2. Briant566

Briant566 Full Member

Hi
    I would be very suprised if you find a 1.5 Model as very few about as only just been availed due to the 1.5 engine availability .
    You will find a few of the 115 engines for sale and this engine is quite ok for most people

3. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Thanks for the reply, I've seen a couple of the 1.5 for sale with like 4k on the clock but I get what you mean it will be harder... I think they have till October to find one so they have a while.

The only reason I stay away from the 1.0 which is a great engine he's coming from a 2.2ltr diesel which will make the 1.0 feel a bit gutless I think...

4. Jordan6f

Jordan6f Member

I have just dropped down from a seat Leon fr+ which was 2L petrol (211bhp) and have just picked up the seat arona and a seat Ibiza both with the 1L (115) and tbh is didn't feel that gutless I do however have the dsg version in both which could possibly help make it feel that bit more powerful but as a whole I was actually quite surprised and how happy I am with the smaller engine

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook likes this.
  5. Jimbobcook

Staff Member

Thanks for the info, I may suggest the lesser engine then as the 211bhp is probably quicker than their diesel when it matter off the line...

I guess its getting enough of a test drive to know if its for them.

I'll let them know my findings and see what they say.

6. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

Had a manual 1.0 / 95 for a whole day and it drove really well.
    Felt much more modern and solid than my MY18 Toledo. Better handling and ride and a flatter torque curve than my 1.0 / 110 so surprisingly easier to drive.