Thoughts on the 1.4 TSI ACT Engine (Manual)

Gigs

Jun 4, 2018
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting the above engine in an Ibiza 2014-2015. Is this a good engine? I've read quite a lot on the other TSI engines with the DSG gearboxes, saying that they drink a lot of oil and have a fair few issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The older high power turbo and supercharger TSI is the notorious one. The more modern ACT like most TSI is a turbo only motor.

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Had mine from new 15 plate. No issues so far. Oil always where is should be and doesnt seem to drink oil as much as Ive heard others say. Mines manual some cant comment on the DSG.

HonestIago

Dec 12, 2016
I've had my 1.4 EcoTSI 150 for just over a year (bought from new) and have covered almost 22k miles. No problems at all and doesn't use any oil.

Given mine was so heavily discounted it is turning out to very cost effective motoring but with a reasonable turn of pace when required! I've averaged 52.4 mpg (calculated in app) with mainly motorway use.

Reactions: Superman001

HonestIago

Dec 12, 2016
Thought I'd update: My 2017 Ibiza 1.4 EcoTSI 150 is now approaching 30k miles and I have noted some oil usage. I guess I got complacent with checking but right before it's 28k service the low oil warning appeared. It took approx 1 litre to top it up appropriately. However, that was after 18k miles on the same oil without any prior top-ups - so not significant oil consumumption I wouldn't say.

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
I bought a Leon ST with this engine, and was so impressed that i bought an Ibiza with it as well! The Leon went to Italy and back this summer and used about 250 ml of oil to get it back to the same level prior to setting off, and that was nearly 2800 miles. The engine is very smooth, quiet and very economical helped by the cost of unleaded at the moment. The older Twincharger engine is completely different.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise