thread page selectors?

flashbsd

hard to explain, but while browsing the general chat section for example,

Ive dropped my phone in water! What do I do??? ( 1 2) >>>>> this post here has 4 pages in it, yet it only linsk to page 1 and 2 on the thread title. is this something my end or yours.

So the thread is actually longer than displayed in the section when you actually select the thread.:cry: hope it makes sense!

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
flashbsd said:
hard to explain, but while browsing the general chat section for example,

Ive dropped my phone in water! What do I do??? ( 1 2) >>>>> this post here has 4 pages in it, yet it only linsk to page 1 and 2 on the thread title. is this something my end or yours.

So the thread is actually longer than displayed in the section when you actually select the thread.:cry: hope it makes sense!
I'm having the same problem.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
If you look in the options in the control panel you can set how many posts you want per page per thread. That's not been set to something silly has it?

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
mrcoyote said:
If you look in the options in the control panel you can set how many posts you want per page per thread. That's not been set to something silly has it?
Have it on forum default. Its only been doing it today

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Yes i have the same issue with the same threads ... and more! :(

Certainly it only shows 2 pages - yet when you enter that thread there is 4 pages.

In the new Leon section there is one thread (Official thread V2 Or something like that) that is 26 pages long yet you click on "last" and it takes you to page 13 - you then have to click last on that page to take you to page 26 which is actually the last page.

There is also another MASSIVE thread in the general chatter section (you know the biggest one ever in the history of SCN - "Worried about my good friend") that has the same issues - infact it really is every thread which has gone on for more than 1 page!

Its very annoying.

If one of the mods wants to log in as me to check feel free... I'm off to bed now so e-mail me my new pass tomorrow sometime if you do.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think it was a bug in an SEF thread function - I disabled it.

Oh well, I saw a better one last night anyway.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
m0rk said:
Oh well, I saw a better one last night anyway.

Ahhh ... But is it as annoying as people posting links to another thread in these forums, and when you click it it takes you to that link but with their forum skin rather than yours which you have set?? :p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Not seen that one - but I use the scn_vari which is the default anyway I think.

unless you click a link with the 'styleid=11' link (example) in it then you shouldn't change

flashbsd

exactly the same still for me, tried refreshing, cache doesnt exist so here you go:

there are at least 4 pages on soem of these:

posts.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.