Thruxton parking

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
HI, i hope i am not being to forward here but will there be any SEAT parking for the BTCC at Thruxton on the sunday. I have been on the website and tickets are £20 in advance or £24 on the day. If SEAT can secure some parking then put my name down please.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
If there is any reserved parking available, then you'll still have to buy a ticket to get in. You just get to park somewhere more interesting with a bunch of other SEATs.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i can vouch for the camping facilities at thruxton. good night in the circuit bar too,they normally put on a live band Saturday night,and open till the wee hours.
no showers that i could find mind you.
don't fancy SEAT's chance there though,the BMW's are going to be bloody quick here.

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
Give them chance to get back from Rockingham first hey!

I know i was quick off the mark but it is in two weeks and i usually forget about the Seat parking or find the list after its to late.

If there is any reserved parking available, then you'll still have to buy a ticket to get in. You just get to park somewhere more interesting with a bunch of other SEATs.

Yes i know tickets have to be tickets be bought, hence why i posted the ticket prices.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Depends if there is a change of policy at the circuit. They were not forthcoming last year. As hard as SEAT try for us, the final decision comes down to the circuit.

If they say no, then its no. But don't let that stop you going, its a great day out regardless at any BTCC meet.

Neither myself or m0rk will be at Thruxton in May, but if SEAT manage to secure some parking, we'll get them posted out as before.

Stay tuned!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If SEAT manage to secure some parking, we'll get them posted out as before.

Sadly they've been unable to secure us anything this year.

I think it stems from 2006, when there were some 'outside' forces which caused some problems - but I won't dwell on that!

I'm sure it'll be a great race weekend either way

I've got my request in from my contact at SEAT UK to send me sms updates while I'm in the states!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Sadly they've been unable to secure us anything this year.

I think it stems from 2006, when there were some 'outside' forces which caused some problems - but I won't dwell on that!

I'm sure it'll be a great race weekend either way

I've got my request in from my contact at SEAT UK to send me sms updates while I'm in the states!

It's a shame, but we expected it really.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Blast B****p booo oh and any other comment that ~I shouldnt post here....

Sorry - as mOrk said 'outside' forces... Them Aliens are at it again... Geee, ah well ...

Right, try the rear entrance to Thruxton, be an early bird etc etc ... You just neva know you may be able to get a decent space in one of the closer car parks...

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
I was suggesting the BP/Little Chef near the Longparish/Barton Stacey turn on the westbound A303 , just West of where the A34 crosses, (where some of us met last year). We could pick up the Womble on the way past to save you heading East!

I'll try and post up a map link later on. ....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie+UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

If we met there at say 8.30ish we can head round the back way ie via the Salisbury junction off the
A303 and try to blag parking as a group, in Car Park A which is closer to the action than the main public car park.

Anyone whose up for this post on here. :wave:

Respond on here if your'e up for that

Last edited:

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
I was suggesting the BP/Little Chef near the Longparish/Barton Stacey turn on the westbound A303 where some of us met last year. We could pick up the Womble on the way past to save you heading East!

I'll try and post up a map link later on.

If we met there at say 8.30ish we can head round the back way ie via the Salisbury junction ooff the A303 and try to blag parking as a group in Car Park A which is closer to the action than the main public car park.

Anyone whose up for this post on here. :wave:

Respond on here if your'e up for that

Count me in times two....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members