Thruxton - who's aiming on going?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Parking is always an issue at Thruxton, but the 4th of June is ages away.

If we're lucky enough, then I'll let you know as soon as I do. It depends very much on the circuit organisers (as always) and the space they have available.

Hopefully I'll be there, it used to be my local, so I do like the circuit, especially since access is now much improved. Just that I'm out of the country for most of the following week (but I tend not to worry about stuff like that :D)

SmartInBlack

Thruxton BTCC 2006

:yes: I'm local and interested in going again this year, particularly if we can get trackside parking. I didn't know about this last year and parked in the car park but I'm sure that my LCR would like some Seat company this time round.

I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know details.
:cheers:

2005 Black Leon Cupra R

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Definitely. Hope there's some SCN parking on the bank at Allards as it's al ong haul from the public car park with the "minibriefs".

Given that m0rk has obviously sold his body to somone at SEAT Sport to get the WTCC goodies surely he can do so again with the BARC at Thruxton. How about it big boy you know you want to ? :bleh:

Last edited:

sops

Already have my ticket - ordered it last Friday and it was delivered on Saturday morning !

Nugget, see you at Brands on Sunday.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
I happen to know that m0rk is making the necessary enquiries on this ;) but things are not as straightforward as at some other tracks.

If it happens there may not be enough time to mail out the passes. As a local I've already volunteered to help dole them out on the Sunday morning at the gate. Anyone else prepared to pitch in if necessary?

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Timthebrief said:
I happen to know that m0rk is making the necessary enquiries on this ;) but things are not as straightforward as at some other tracks.

If it happens there may not be enough time to mail out the passes. As a local I've already volunteered to help dole them out on the Sunday morning at the gate. Anyone else prepared to pitch in if necessary?

Let me Know :) - Not a problem .....;)

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Any one planning to camp over, if so where? I used to camp in the car park but I haven't camped there for many years.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Any news re parking passes m0rk?

If not we'll post the flags and the SCN sun tent up on the bank above the Cobb/Campbell/ Seagrave complex hopefully to the RHS of the toilet block as you look at it from the track. Can see about 80 % of the circuit from there so look forward to some of you joining us up there. :)

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Timthebrief said:
Any news re parking passes m0rk?

If not we'll post the flags and the SCN sun tent up on the bank above the Cobb/Campbell/ Seagrave complex hopefully to the RHS of the toilet block as you look at it from the track. Can see about 80 % of the circuit from there so look forward to some of you joining us up there. :)

Will look out for you [B)] :D

About to pop up there now, to collect tickets - but may get to see some pre race laps ....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Unfortunately it wasn't possible to source any parking for Thruxton this year, outside of ours and SEAT's control, we did try but Thruxton were simply not playing ball this year, which is a shame.

I can't make it down this year, my mum's birthday on Sunday, so wanted to be at home, but hope everyone down there has a great weekend, and SEAT bring home some points, wins maybe a tall order given the high speeds at Thruxton, but you never know. ;)

I'll be cheering them on from the TV.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
nugget said:
What time is everyone planning on getting there? Any plans to meet on the way?

Probably aiming to park by 9.30ish. No real need to rush as it doesn't usually get too crowded. If we wanted to convoy best place to meet would probably be the A303 Westbound BP station between the A 34 junction and the Andover turnings.

If we said RV there at 9am would that suit. Any others want to join us so we can pose on the way in and park as an enclave like we did at WTCC.:)

Get your SCN/ Seat stickers and flags out everyone (no Crosses of St George this weekend :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.