Thruxton - who's aiming on going?

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
ZBOYD said:
Unfortunately it wasn't possible to source any parking for Thruxton this year, outside of ours and SEAT's control, we did try but Thruxton were simply not playing ball this year, which is a shame.

I can't make it down this year, my mum's birthday on Sunday, so wanted to be at home, but hope everyone down there has a great weekend, and SEAT bring home some points, wins maybe a tall order given the high speeds at Thruxton, but you never know. ;)

I'll be cheering them on from the TV.

Z... Have a good birthday party ....

Understand re parking was talking to Mark last night. Tried a local approach at lunchtime, and even in my shirt didnt get us very far, wasnt going to push, as you never know when we may be given some passes in the future....

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Timthebrief said:
Probably aiming to park by 9.30ish. No real need to rush as it doesn't usually get too crowded. If we wanted to convoy best place to meet would probably be the A303 Westbound BP station between the A 34 junction and the Andover turnings.

If we said RV there at 9am would that suit. Any others want to join us so we can pose on the way in and park as an enclave like we did at WTCC.:)

Get your SCN/ Seat stickers and flags out everyone (no Crosses of St George this weekend :lol:

So what time will you aim to pass the DLO turning's .... As that me .... 0915?? Look out for Womble I ....... :D

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Timthebrief said:
Probably aiming to park by 9.30ish. No real need to rush as it doesn't usually get too crowded. If we wanted to convoy best place to meet would probably be the A303 Westbound BP station between the A 34 junction and the Andover turnings.

If we said RV there at 9am would that suit. Any others want to join us so we can pose on the way in and park as an enclave like we did at WTCC.:)

Get your SCN/ Seat stickers and flags out everyone (no Crosses of St George this weekend :lol:

nugget said:
Sounds good to me, will confirm with the boss (Darsh) :D

Sounds good to me too.

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Timthebrief said:
Any news re parking passes m0rk?

If not we'll post the flags and the SCN sun tent up on the bank above the Cobb/Campbell/ Seagrave complex hopefully to the RHS of the toilet block as you look at it from the track. Can see about 80 % of the circuit from there so look forward to some of you joining us up there. :)
i work for the RAC and have won tickets for this weekend so will be joinin the scn boys if im welcome,but also i have to support the rac lads aswell so please no agro for cheerin on the boys:lol: ;) i will also be bringin transporter with me as he is now my bitch at work and he is drivin me down so i can get wasted:lol: :lol:

transporter

Jul 30, 2004
CLAY LAND
cuprasmiff said:
i work for the RAC and have won tickets for this weekend so will be joinin the scn boys if im welcome,but also i have to support the rac lads aswell so please no agro for cheerin on the boys:lol: ;) i will also be bringin transporter with me as he is now my bitch at work and he is drivin me down so i can get wasted:lol: :lol:

oi less of the bitch !!!!!!!!!!!! u promised ud be gentle next time

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
All welcome. One of my lads will be cheering the MG's and one the Honda's as well as SEAT so no worries there. Should be a hot days racing and we can all boo the poxhauls in any event.

Stu I guess we will be passing the DLO junc at 9.15ish so we'll keep a lookout. You can't be that hard to spot in the womble!

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Sorry we missed you when parking up Stu B, perhaps you were hard to spot in the green "stealth" colour.

Frustrating day for SEAT but a fun day out nevertheless.

Thanks to Nugget and his folks , Darsh, Nick & Hairy for joining the convoy and helping to entertain the "mini-Briefs" . They were asleep before we got home (via Andover to avoid the queue on the 303).

I assume that was Pabs we caught up with before I turned off. Anyway hope you all had a good trip back through the rain and will see you again at Brands and Silverstone hopefully. :wave:

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
where were you lads sittin then we walked all over to try and find the SCN bit,we found the scc bit but didnt want to stay around there;) ended up at the first corner on the grass just past the vauxhall trade stand and the toilets,:shrug: could not see any seat flags at all there. But it was a great day out and had a laugh got platos autograph and turners.Any of you goin Donnington in July

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sorry I missed out on bringing all the kit & kaboodle, but my head literally 'oozed' from sunburn on the Saturday

nugget

Lurking in the background
Excellent day out as always, top racing from the SEAT boys, especially impressed by Darren, shame he got used as target practice in race 2. Sounds like we were further round the track than you boys, Tim and I were flying the flags for most of the day apart from when the mini-briefs were doing their best to take my flag waving nutter title :D
Nice to see Mr and Mrs Plato at the services en route too, giving us a wave :p

I know how you feel M0rk, probably good you weren't out in the sun yesterday, my neck is beetroot red and hurts like hell !!!!!

Reckon it was Pabs we saw on the way home, new wheels you got on there mate? Look rather nice !!!

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Was a slightly disappointing day results wise, but I'm sure a good day was had by all, (thank god for the factor 30 sun cream). Here's a few pics for those that missed it.
T11.jpg

T21.jpg

T31.jpg

TP11.jpg

He didn't feature as much as we would have liked, but I still got a couple of pics...
P11.jpg

P21.jpg

P31.jpg

After the rain at Brands Nugget and Misses Nugget weren't taking any chances!!!
Z2.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yes Nugget, it was me u saw on the way home - i've got a WICKED picture of Plato and Turner - I met them, got autographed program and hat, and got them to pose for a photo too!

Will put it up on here if u guys want.... and maybe some of my others?

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
nugget said:
Nice pic mate !!! Hows the sunburn? Caught my neck badly was in agony yesterday !!![:@]

No sun burn at all! After 10 years of attending BTCC at Thruxton and getting burnt at just about all of them I finally remembered to take sun cream, factor 30, so I have no red bits at all:D

nugget

Lurking in the background
Hairy said:
No sun burn at all! After 10 years of attending BTCC at Thruxton and getting burnt at just about all of them I finally remembered to take sun cream, factor 30, so I have no red bits at all:D

Good man, I remembered the factor 30, but forgot to reapply to my neck :blink:
Ah well was still a belting days racing...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks mate :) I saw you in the carpark i think as i've only ever seen 1 green leon like yours - you were queuing to get out i think - i was stood talking to some mates and doing some "vag-com'ing" for one of them :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members