Thruxton - who's aiming on going?

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Pabs said:
thanks mate :) I saw you in the carpark i think as i've only ever seen 1 green leon like yours - you were queuing to get out i think - i was stood talking to some mates and doing some "vag-com'ing" for one of them :)

Ah .... was it you that `looooooked` over then.... I saw a cupra simular to yours with non stnd wheels on, parked next to another, Bit of a gap then a blue leon.. I wondered if it was a fellow SCN'er gathering ... Half way over that car park was timthebrief and a few others... I was getting a bit cheesed with the queue at that point .....[:@]

Womble1 - Yeah I think its the only one around.....[B)] Still thinking of changing the rear end ....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yep - twas me that looked over :) I saw a lot of people try the other exit, but didnt help matters. Think u weren't too far behind my mates black ibiza too..

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
I saw pabs leon aswell parkad just down from us on carpark A we were in the red cupra r half way down,i got some good photos aswell,but wont post them as it looks like pabs had the same idea and got nearly the same ones.:lol: i also got most of the cupra cup cars just after the race finished so if anyone wants to see them let me know

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i got 300+ photos in total - the above is just a small selection :)

I saw the red cupra R - nearly took a photo of it but decided against in the end - needed the space on my memory card for the BTCC :(

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Pabs said:
i got 300+ photos in total - the above is just a small selection :)

I saw the red cupra R - nearly took a photo of it but decided against in the end - needed the space on my memory card for the BTCC :(
no worries mate nearly took one of yours but i can only hold 30 piccies on my camera as i dont have a memory card in it yet.where were you pitched up i was down on the chacain with the rac boys for the first 2 races

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
we were right at the end of the track, in the corner, just at the beginning of the chicane - all had yellow Dunlop hats on (with autographs ;) ) - right where Turner crashed, and also one of the F1 cars..

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
we had plenty of action down our end too - lots of spins/near misses, bumpers falling off and of course 2 crashes, 1 being SEAT :(

Also one of the Cupra R's was on 1 wheel just after the chicane - no idea how the driver kept the car going and in a straight line, but looked like he was gonna flip it....

Wicked day :)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Pabs said:
we were right at the end of the track, in the corner, just at the beginning of the chicane - all had yellow Dunlop hats on (with autographs ;) ) - right where Turner crashed, and also one of the F1 cars..
must of been sittin next to you mate we where there,just where legget came off aswell,if id known that i would of come over to say hello (if I was welcome;) )............were you sittin with the SCC folks then as i saw a few of them,well saw a girl/lady wearin an SCC t-shirt with a load of lads

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yep - I was with the SCC krew - about 20 of us in total, mostly in the yellow hats.
I was one of the blokes on the rug, with a digital slr sometimes on a tripod, sometimes in hand.

edit: and yes, you would have been more than welcome :)

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Pabs said:
yep - I was with the SCC krew - about 20 of us in total, mostly in the yellow hats.
I was one of the blokes on the rug, with a digital slr sometimes on a tripod, sometimes in hand.

edit: and yes, you would have been more than welcome :)
did you have mrs pabs with you,and was it you who moaned about the airhorns if so directly behind you

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yes, i had mrs pabs with me (she didnt move much!)

My mate was besides me with his mrs too - I didnt really moan about the airhorns, i think my mate did though. I was in a blue shirt with t-shirt underneath, then took shirt off cos too flamin hot lol

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Pabs said:
yes, i had mrs pabs with me (she didnt move much!)

My mate was besides me with his mrs too - I didnt really moan about the airhorns, i think my mate did though. I was in a blue shirt with t-shirt underneath, then took shirt off cos too flamin hot lol
did his mrs have reddy/gingerish hair and white trousers on:drool: :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members