THS boost hose

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Have fitted my THS boost hoses the turbo to intercooler is fine but manifold to intercooler does not seem to fit flush on to the intercooler on the underside of the pipe when u run/ feel with your fingers and when I have been driving has slipped off. Grrrrrrrrr just asking if anyone else did/has this problem :shrug:

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Yes I did, you just need a bigger (wider) hose clamp. ;)

Will try that then it’s quite a pop when it comes off lol :-o….. and not good when you lose power steering :wtf: the S shape THS hose does not seem 2 curve as much as the Original one maybe why does not fit flush

Thanks for the reply

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
If you are doing the jubilee clips up with a screwdriver try using a 7mm socket or nut runner for that extra bit of ompfh but be careful you dont go mad and over tighten

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
The trick is to get the intercooler end on first and do it up nice and tight, then when you get the manifold end over the lip (it wont sit flush at all) put your hand underneath the hose at the intercooler end and pull up gently (there should be a little give in it) and you should be able to tighten your new wider hose clamp so that the hose sits and stays flush.

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
If you are doing the jubilee clips up with a screwdriver try using a 7mm socket or nut runner for that extra bit of ompfh but be careful you dont go mad and over tighten

cool thanks will crack on with it 2nite *fingers crossed* and using a socket will be much better than a screwdriver!!

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
The trick is to get the intercooler end on first and do it up nice and tight, then when you get the manifold end over the lip (it wont sit flush at all) put your hand underneath the hose at the intercooler end and pull up gently (there should be a little give in it) and you should be able to tighten your new wider hose clamp so that the hose sits and stays flush.

Well I have got my new wider hose clamp, and will do the intercooler end first like ya said sooo hope all goes well and STAYS on this time lol

iandunn1100ss

Did my hoses kit today no issues at all all fitted fine.:happy:
ian

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Sorted!! lol..... i did see a little 10mm screw that was holing down the intercooler end so i took this off to and gave me even more play getting the hose flush on both the intercooler and manifold end along with my wider hose clamp and using a 7mm socket miles better than a screwdriver :doh:

richardscar014.jpg

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
That is a lot of red there
Have you just shrouded your standard hose with some delta flex style stuff?
If so lots can be easily replaced in silicon relatively cheaply

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
That is a lot of red there
Have you just shrouded your standard hose with some delta flex style stuff?
If so lots can be easily replaced in silicon relatively cheaply

Well if it’s not moving its red!! :idea: Lol…. And yep for now it’s just the flex tubing but would look much better with it all silicone just need to get all the sizes and find somewhere who dooo it

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Piping is easy to do, just do one at a time
Easy DIY job and you dont have to pay anyone
Most piping is either 4mm or 8mm and 5mm for DV, bit of 10mm too

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members