THS DeCat for LCR

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
Evening guys!
Just thinking about a de-cat pipe, theres a THS pipe on ebay (Im not advertising it) and am wondering if its any good. I personally have never heard of THS before, but im sure someone out there can give some feedback. I have tried a search before anyone asks, plenty on their intercoolers but not for de-cat.
Cheers

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
:-o out of all the people that could of replied! How does it sound? You stuck with the standard cat then or purchased a high flow?

Jul 8, 2007
i bought it part of a system off a guy on here so never fitted it done 300 miles, ill be digging deep next year for a sports one, Ive heard an ibiza around here with decat an full system an ill admit sounds s**t hot

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
More noise* no extra power in my experience.

My experience is 2nd hand having watched various LCRs (with and without) decat at various rolling road days

no first hand experience though

*the 1.8t is not that tunefull IMO so more noise doesn't = a good thing :shrug:

Last edited:

turbin

Id like a highflow cat to replace the stock one on my LCR. Is there an easy way to do this?

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
High-folw cat = Expensive. Im under the understanding that the downpipe has to be changed for one of the better high-flow sports cats, instead of splitting into two, like the standard one, its a single 3" bore. Decent ones (asin downpipe (DP) and cat can be picked up form around 400 big ones, make sure you go for a respected make. I suppose you get what you pay for.

ThackersLCR

Jul 5, 2008
Blackpool
id think it would help with a remap, as the turbo would be 'free'er' so to speak and spool up quicker, how much power, i dont know. Iv heard that de-cats are just noisier but release no massive power gains. Also there will be no faffing around with the high-flow when it comes to MOT time and no 'Oxygen sensor 2' throwing up fault codes.

Jul 8, 2007
So you know i would not sell somthing i would not buy to a fellow SCN member just so you know, Also it has a hole/screw bit where i asume you screw in a sensor

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.