ths dog bone

bristolsparks

Jun 24, 2009
hi guys

just received my THS dog bone mount today, going to fit tomorrow.

I thnk i have to get some new bolts as they are stretch bolts? where can i get them from and what torque settings do i tighen then up to?

your help will be great

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Not really just tight will do, hardly anyone torques the engine mount bolts, i jus torque them to FT :) Only time i use a torque wrench is on engine work, wheels and hubs.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i wouldnt just tighten them into the subframe... youll end up snapping the bolt mate, they artent very strong bolts, and if it snaps in the subframe then its a crap job to get them back out.. trust me, it happened to me.

i think youll find most people use correct torques for all bolts.. wouldnt be set if it didnt matter.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
i wouldnt just tighten them into the subframe... youll end up snapping the bolt mate, they artent very strong bolts, and if it snaps in the subframe then its a crap job to get them back out.. trust me, it happened to me.

i think youll find most people use correct torques for all bolts.. wouldnt be set if it didnt matter.

Thats when you get idiots using a huge 1/2" ratchet or an airgun, ive never had a problem and ive dont quite a few boxes/clutches in these. Doing it day in day out you should have a feek fir whats tight and whats not.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Mount to subframe 20NM + a further 90 degrees
Mount to transmission 40NM + a further 90 degrees

and support bolt as above. (45 NM)

all stock torque levels.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Thats when you get idiots using a huge 1/2" ratchet or an airgun, ive never had a problem and ive dont quite a few boxes/clutches in these. Doing it day in day out you should have a feek fir whats tight and whats not.

yes you will feel whats tight, others wont as they wont be doing it day in day out.

imho, stick to set torque limits. dont see the point not doing.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Depends on your preference really, as said il definatly use one on engine work, and wheel/hub work but cant justify the use on every nut and bolt on the car, it would be a ball ache more than anything.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.