THS engine mount kit

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Well i have just fitted the engine mount kit from THS, it took me about 45 mins very easy and what a difference, i had the DBM from forge and the vibration never went away, now it has, the feel is better and there is no vibration, the old mounts are like jelly compared to the new ones and there is a more solid feel its hard to explain but i can feel the difference.:D well worth it.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I might have to look at these at some point in the future. I went for the INA dbm as it's much stiffer than the THS one, but the recommended engine mounts from INA are very similar to the THS ones. And I believe the THS ones are quite a bit cheaper.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
How did you find the top 2 to fit, easy?
I still think i am going to stick to my guns and go for the INA ones but bills to pay first.
I take it the old engine mounts have been on the car since day 1 which would explain why they might be going like jelly, 9 odd years of abuse!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
. And I believe the THS ones are quite a bit cheaper.
Yes they are doing them for £130 + £13 postage reduced from £200 so quite a saving.:D

How did you find the top 2 to fit, easy?
I still think i am going to stick to my guns and go for the INA ones but bills to pay first.
I take it the old engine mounts have been on the car since day 1 which would explain why they might be going like jelly, 9 odd years of abuse!

Top ones the easiest to do, i don't know much about the INA ones but can definitely recommend the THS kit

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
If Willie reads this thread...

Having fitted INA street density engine mounts, do you think fitting the track density engine mounts - as we have done with the DBM - would be a good option, or would you stick to the softer rubber?

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
I fitted just the THS dog bone last week, Well impressed with it and cheap as well.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I thought someone did a write up on them not long after they came out saying that all track spec mounts made it a bit too hard and aggresive.
But said the dogbone could do with the extra support to counter the wheel hop so use the track one.
I suppose it would be down to what kind of setup you need, track thrash/daily driver?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Yeah I read that most people opted for track dbm and street engine/tran but hadn't heard from anyone who fitted track rubber all round. I went for the track dbm, but if I do replace engine/tran mounts not sure which to opt for yet.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Could always ask Issam at INA he could probably provide a pretty detailed answer.
These mounts are on my list of things to do but need new brakes and tyres first and very intrigued after seeing phills swirl pot too

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Have i said it before ? Sorry then :(

It wasn't my intention to repeat myself.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.