Ticking noise when idling

number10

I have a 2 month old Toledo 2.0 FSI Stylance idling . I recently noticed a loudish ticking noise when the car is idling *and the radio is off). It seems to come from the passanger side glove box area. Has anyone else experienced this ? Does anyone know what it could be. I do not want to take the car in straight away because I have no time and they do not supply me with a replacement.

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
Possible the fan (internal), my Altea does the same. Rather leave it than have the dealer taking the dash out.

Alanovich

Funny you should mention it, I have just bought a Toledo last Friday (a 2005 1.6 Stylance petrol), and I have noticed exactly the same ticking noise when the radio and the climate control are both switched off! I shall watch this thread with interest, but at least you are not alone!

Jochen

Hi,
The ticking noise could be one of the heater box flap potentiometer motors, we have had a few now come in ticking, it will be covered under warranty and most of them can be replaced without the removal of the complete dash.
jochen.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members