timer delay headlights

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
I know that when you lock the car, the interior lights will dim after about 15secs.

I was wondering if it was possible to add this feature to the headlights?
Would vag.com setting allow this, or is a switch thing?

I'm no mechanic so instruction or guidance welcome that a fool with grey hair can follow.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
I dont think its possible to be honest, ive played with most of the options including changing the horn from uk to german etc ive never seen that as an option.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Ah, I get you now...........

Your original question sounded as if you just wanted to be lazy, not use it as a courtesy light......

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
apparently, it sticks its right window wiper up in a salute and toots.
The french one just wimpers and runs away while the uk version isnt allowed to beep after 9pm or itll get an asbo.

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
maybe he can set the window to wind up after ten minutes, so he can..
1 get out of the car leaving the lights on and the window down and lock the doors,
2 see his way into the house while carying the shopping or kids or dog etc
3 walk back to the car and lean in the window to turn off the light without needing to lock the car
4 either: get stuck in the window as it winds up, or walk back to the house leaving the window open for some pikey to steal your stereo and your car park change!

I dont know why you would want your lights to do this, but it is worth a play if you have time. I wish i had time to play with mine, but i have to spend time fixing it. :(

Jan 22, 2007
oh my god, i never realised it would come to this.

Driveway is narrow and very very dark in winter and at 2am when get home from work, and the lights for that period of time would stop me tripping over cat, or tripping over anything left on driver by mother

i did wonder about your "Autowindow" theory as i was seriously confused, but the 4 step plan ain't needed, no kids etc and live at home so mum carries shopping in from her car:)

cheers all, feel i need a long cold pint

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
If you can't do it, then perhaps it might just be easier to fit a motion sensitive floodlight on your drive, then other poeple at your house can also benefit from it?

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
even cheaper is a torch! but i can see why they would benefit you. Its worth having a mooch around the vag-com section

Jan 22, 2007
cheers Feel, that is what I was after.
Will have a better look soon and see how it goes.

We have the drive floodlight thing 777cupra, but it is a nightmare at times and mum hates the thing as is too sensitive, with no ability to adjust this unfortunately.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.