Timing chain or HPFP?

Symon

Dec 23, 2011
Oxfordshire
Hi Everyone, I had a look at a Leon yesterday (2.0 TFSi FR EA113) and mostly it was pretty good.

The only problem I could really find was a ticking noise from the fuel pump/cam chain area which got quite a lot louder when the engine was hot.

Is that most likely to be a worn fuel pump tappet, camchain/tension or both?

The car had done 125,000 miles which is a bit higher than I would normally go for, but it was quite cheap...

How much does a camchain cost to replace normally, and is it a realistic DIY prospect.

Many Thanks.

Symon

Dec 23, 2011
Oxfordshire
I did look through the history, I couldn't see any evidence of the cam follower being done recently. The car drove well apart from the rattle with plenty of go at the top of the rev range.

Aug 21, 2019
I Just bought an 08 FR TFSi on 110K has had 2 cambelt services but I just did the HPFP follower and it looks slightly better than stage two shown here: http://r-techperformance.co.uk/2-0-tfsi-tuning/

Changing it made it less noisy but a rough price on the cam chain would be good to know.

I on the other hand have a noisy cambelt side. Cambelt & water pump was done 2 years ago at ~96k but sounds rattly but not sure if I'm just hearing things and being paranoid.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.