Tinted Headlights

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Hi all,

Following up on an earlier thread (Headlights were sprayed black) I have used a film on my headlight protectors rather than sprayed them.

Let me know what you think as I am still unsure.

new005.jpg

new008.jpg

new012.jpg

new013.jpg

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as it's just a cover why not an outlandish stand out colour like orange or blue ? or both ?

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Guess it could be done although on a personal note I like to keep it the same colour scheme throughout.

Althought the tint I used does come in different colours so definetly mite be worth a go for someone.

Im going to do the rear lights when the weather picks up rather than buy sportrider lights which was my first plan.

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
To be fair I think it will be okay.
The tint film Im usin goes on like clingfilm (kinda sticky when it touches) and then you just apply a bit of heat and stretch it around. Then just cut the excess from round the sides.

The headlights took about 7-10 minutes each so pretty easy.

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Cheers,

The film is like a honeycombe up close so the rears will still let some of the red through. I'l put some pics up once Iv got them done but im hoping that from a distance they will look like the dark red sportriders.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when i saw the title reminded me of this i saw earlier

hyundai-genesis-coupe-street-concepts.jpg

don;t worry though - just a phase tonight - perscription must be wearing off :cartman:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
certainly not a daily driver thing (hence covers i would guess) but i'm with ya there, sort of right but not if you get me, might be the paint job that pulls it off though

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
Guess it could be done although on a personal note I like to keep it the same colour scheme throughout.

Althought the tint I used does come in different colours so definetly mite be worth a go for someone.

Im going to do the rear lights when the weather picks up rather than buy sportrider lights which was my first plan.

Could you post some pics up of the back ones, when they are done Please!!! Also, what tint are you using if you don't mind me asking?

989marc989

989_Marc
May 8, 2008
Birmingham
Morning,

Basically I got hold of some headlight covers off Ebay for a tenner I think. I wasnt too sure about doing the headlights as the film bonds to the glass with adhesive (If I didnt like it...Id be screwed) hence using the covers.

You put the film on the glass as it has a slightly sticky effect....stretch it round the contours.....(you then inevitably get creases and that) But apply a bit of heat with a hairdryer and the film stretches. Then you just leave it, was really easy.

The film I used was by a company called fly eyes and up close as I say it looks like honeycomb (Gives a tint from a distance but still lets light through the small holes).

Anyway, link below to show how its done.....

You can find them on ebay, just type in fly eyes tint or something to that effect.
Also on you tube they have a video with them on the rear of an aygo I think so I should be able to get the same effect on the IBZ rears.

And pics to come of the back....just waiting for some sun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbsYbHztDlI

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.