Toledo 1M Poor Headlights - Upgrade Options?

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've always found the stock halogen headlights in my 1M Toledo to be terrible. Do the likes of the Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Crystal Vision bulbs give much better light output or am I better off just go all out and do a bi-xenon retrofit?

Thanks in advance,
Danny.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
My lights are poor too , I've considered HID but can't be bothered with mot and police hassle
Upgraded bulbs I'm going to try the Phillips ones as highly rated online but hold my breath halogen will always be halogen old tech now ,

You could change your headlights for aftermarket projectors they may be better but normally come with halo rings so would turn them off straight away

If you do a bi xenon retro fit in standard lamps let me know how you get on

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
My lights are poor too , I've considered HID but can't be bothered with mot and police hassle
Upgraded bulbs I'm going to try the Phillips ones as highly rated online but hold my breath halogen will always be halogen old tech now ,

You could change your headlights for aftermarket projectors they may be better but normally come with halo rings so would turn them off straight away

If you do a bi xenon retro fit in standard lamps let me know how you get on

They have to be the worse headlights I've ever seen in a car. My girlfriend has a k11 Micra with h4s which are usually terrible headlights and they're miles better than mine! I came across a few threads on here of people who had success with the h7r HIDs in the 1M so I'm going to give them a try and see how the beam is. I'm exactly the same I don't like the angel eye aftermarket lights. I wouldn't mind doing a projector retrofit but they'll still be illegal here due to not having the washers and self levelling. If I can get a decent light output with a proper cut off and no glare from the h7r bulbs I'd be happy! :)

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
My other downside is my intercooler pipework is very close to the back off my lights so not much room for ballast packs but I may fit some come summer but room is tight in my bay joys of being modified

ReggieB

Aug 27, 2008
Surrey
I have some HID H7 6k lights in my V5 for about 3 years and they are great. Never had a problem with MOT and so much better at night. I would highlly recomend it and super easy to fit.

I got mine from these guys http://xenonhids.co.uk/ they are brilliant and super friendly.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members