toledo 2012 onwards this section is for you.

• Thread starter Deleted member 67732
  • Start date

Deleted member 67732

having contacted the administrators and receiving no response regarding starting a section for the new Toledo 2012 onwards perhaps we can use this posting as communication between owners of this model.

Deleted member 67732

new toledo sub forum

may I take this opportunity to thank the administrators for opening up a new sub forum for the 2012 onwards model at my request.

Deleted member 67732

What do you think?

my previous car was a seat Ibiza 1.2fr which has the same engine as the Toledo, I was sceptical about changing it for a Toledo but I really like it, the build quality seems to be much better .
ijust wanted the s level trim with alloy wheels as an extra, but delivery was 3 months from the factory.
I was offered the se trim for immediate delivery in the colour I wanted with a seat reduction of £2500 plus a further £800 from the dealer,

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I've had a 12tsi since March - really pleased with it. The build quality is what i expected from skoda, really good and i think the car is a real bargain. I'm a bit peeved that the so-so interior is now changing to a plush alcantara one though (new Toledo i-tech).

hilly81

Apr 28, 2014
Little Sutton
I have an 18 month old diesel SE. Got it at a very good price as it was an ex demo. I love it to be honest. Decent looking. Decent to drive. Plenty of kit and close to 70 MPG on a run with around 60 combined! With 2 children, one being a newborn the cavernous boot is ideal.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
wish i could have that mpg with the smooth petrol motor. honestly though i didnt have the extra money for the diesel, and long term troubles with our other (cr diesel) car have put me off.

at least the engine freed up quickly from new and the mpg has increased from 41 to 50 by 3000miles

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Better than the press it gets

So mobil1 what do you think of the car?

If you read the press it has
1. a crap ride (it doesn't),
2. a cheap interior (not compared with my previous proton and 2 fiats) and
3. it's expensive compared with the skoda rapid.

so then in order,

1. apparently the rapid sportback introduced revised suspension settings giving a better ride, and these have now gone onto the rapid hatchback also - i guess the toledo has benefited too.

2. interior. well the quality is ok but the black/grey SE trim isn't what I'd choose - skoda have 8 different interiors and the black/red dynamic or beige elegance would be my choices. Since I bought it though SEAT now have a new toledo i-tech alcantara one and that looks good.

3.The last one always makes me laugh - skoda's best deal this year was 12995 for the TSI 84 connect (with Nav and 16s) - so for similar money I got the 105 engine, 6 speed, climatronic, 17's, & stopstart - none of which are on the skoda

clearly the toledo wins on value

and the skoda's fugly:)

Deleted member 67732

So mobil1 what do you think of the car?

If you read the press it has
1. a crap ride (it doesn't),
2. a cheap interior (not compared with my previous proton and 2 fiats) and
3. it's expensive compared with the skoda rapid.

so then in order,

1. apparently the rapid sportback introduced revised suspension settings giving a better ride, and these have now gone onto the rapid hatchback also - i guess the toledo has benefited too.

2. interior. well the quality is ok but the black/grey SE trim isn't what I'd choose - skoda have 8 different interiors and the black/red dynamic or beige elegance would be my choices. Since I bought it though SEAT now have a new toledo i-tech alcantara one and that looks good.

3.The last one always makes me laugh - skoda's best deal this year was 12995 for the TSI 84 connect (with Nav and 16s) - so for similar money I got the 105 engine, 6 speed, climatronic, 17's, & stopstart - none of which are on the skoda

clearly the toledo wins on value

and the skoda's fugly:)

]1] having previously had an Ibiza fr 1.2 which had sports suspension , which was hard and you felt every bump, the toledos is sfter and more comfortable.

[2] regarding the interior, in my opinion the glossy black and chrome ventilation grills, take away the blandness of the plain grey in the Ibiza.

[3] igot the se satelite navigation trim for £13150, which is a big difference of the recommended price of over £16000

overall I am very pleased with the car, quite honestly I never considered the skoda rapid, as the boot lid profile did not appeal to me

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.