Toledo 93 engine upgrade

Echoegy

Dears,
This is echo fom Egypt, I have a seat toledo 93, I want to upgrade the engine,
my engine is 1600 cc, carburetor fuel mixer, I want to have a newer model engine, which models' engines could be applied into my car? do the toledo 2000 or 2001 models' injection engines could be applied into my car for example :D ? if larger cc engine, 2000 cc for example could be applied too it would be good :).

Thanks,
Echo.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
You can fit any engine to any car, it all depends on how much work you want to do. If you're thinking of a fairly easy engine swap, then you're already off to a bad start with a carb car. Changing a carb car to injected requires a huge amount of work. For example you'll need a new wiring loom to cover the new engine management. You'll need a new fuel system to cope with the high pressure fuel lines that fuel injection needs. It's likely you'll need to change the driveshafts, hubs, suspension parts, etc to cope with the extra power.

Unless you really want to do the work it might be best to buy a new car.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Welcome!

As Slimy says anything is possible with time/skills/money!
I'm no expert never having done anything like this myself but from what I understand the '93 Toledo is based around the Mk3 Golf and the 2000-04 Toledo is based on the Mk4 Golf, and it's not un common for people to have fitted the 20vT engine from a Mk4 Golf into a Mk3 therefore it stands to reason that similar "can" be done with the Toledo but engine management etc is your main challenge here.

As said above unless you enjoy the challange and have the skills then you're probably better off just buying a new car!

Echoegy

Buying a new car is not far..

Dears,
Thanks a much for your replies. i know already it's based on golf engines, thanks for confirming this information to me. I think it's not so hard to me, me my-self, I deal with skill-full mechanician, I think it wouldn't be hard for him if it's theoritically possible.

Thanks again guys :)