Toledo bad on snow?

ruairidoc

Hi, :)

Is anyone else's toledo really bad on snow and ice?

I can't seem to get up the slightest hills whist other cars have no bother getting up them.
I switched my 18" rims to the standard 15" and let some air out the tyres that helped abit.
Most days i cant make the first hill outside my house and im forced to drive another family car!

Was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble or is it just me? :confused:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
my wife's is fine on standard 15 inch rims. Infact last night i had a play in tesco's car park,I am ken block.

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
Yeh he sure knows how to drive that scooby old ken. Oh n my toledo is poo in the snow too. The esp light never comes on and the button doesnt do owt either, think it may be knackered somewhere along the lines.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
My esp light is never never off lol. Slightest touch of the accelerator and off she goes. Pretty much missing out 1st and 2nd now and getting into 3rd as early as possible seems the only solution.

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
i must say that my tolly is one of the best cars ive had for driving in the snow/ice. im running on kumho kh15 rubber. ive just taken my car out for first time since bad weather hit and no probs.....

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
Oxford, Uni in Gloucester
Mine seems good. I do have new tyres, but i am running the standard V5 alloys. even in thick snow. But like Kewe, my Esp is never off, and you have to be so gentle with the power. can be good fun though

018.jpg

028.jpg

:)

be safe!

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
Im running goodyear tyres on standard 20vt tolly sport rims. What could be causing my esp to not work then anyone, would vag-com show anything do u think?

michaelg1001

B5 S4 Avant
Jun 24, 2008
Sheffield
mine seems fine, heck knows what tyres i have but they're just the standard 16s with about 3mm tread and iv been gettin up hills no bother most of the time which. my esp lights flashin a fair bit, just switch it off a lot of the time lol

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Not had any problems in mine, with 16s on although I do have winter tyres with 8mm of tread ;)
I find it's better if I turn the TC off if I'm taking a steep hill in the snow or ice as it seems to want to stall the car rather than actually help [:@]

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
V5-Ant,

Sorry this is off topic, but is that a golf v5 badge in your front grill? I was wondering if the standard fixing clips it in or did you need to use a different fixing method? Cheers

Gregor

Part-time Audi defector
Jul 17, 2001
Berwickshire
Pretty shoddy with normal summer tyres, but once my dealer stuck winter tyres on the front (I know that it's recommended all four are changed but they only had two in stock!) then my wife was able to get up and over Soutra Hill no bother. E.g A queue of Beamers and Mercs stuck behind a lorry so she pulled out into the OT lane (unploughed) and drove smoothly up and over the the hill - followed by a Range Rover who decided to drive in her tracks - oh the indignity of it :)

Got some for my A6 too - they made a world of difference to the old girl.

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
The last time I decided to have some fun with the Tolly in the snow it cost me just over £400 for a new alloy and some knackered bearings. Snow tyres next time!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.