Toledo engine management light

omulligan

Hi,

The engine management light comes on when i turn my fully lights on, if i then turn the lights back to the side lights the Engine management light goes off again for a few minutes, and then comes back on...and so on.

Can anybody tell me why this happens and how i can fix it.

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
can only think the extra drain on the electrics is dropping the battery voltage below what the management system sees as being healthy
firstly check the condition of the battery connections and all the earths then find an auto electrician to check the battery voltage, the battery condition and the output voltage from the alternator
best ones are found by word of mouth, then if not try yellow pages but I always use the guys at my local Lucas agent for electrics

HantsSteve

I have had a problem with the engine management light on my V5, i was driving in very heavy rain and the light came on and stayed on, as the car was running fine and not due a service i left it, a few months later i had to replace the battery, once connected up the light stayed out. A few months later i was again driving in heavy rain and once again the light came on and stayed on, anybody else had this ?

2003v5

My engine light comes on and goes off as it pleases, no problems with the car tho it runs perfect, its been like that for 7 months lol

srherman

just got my toledo V5 last week, put it through car wash and now suffering from engine management light on. can not believe my luck as i have only had the car for 6 days.

Anyone got any idea as what this can mean? MAF?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise