Toledo MK2 body kits discussions

salman_20vt

I am auto emoción al !!
Jul 3, 2011
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Guys we all can discuss here about bodykits for our Toledos, I know many of us re interested in turning our tollys to Cupra R look a likes! And i'm one of them..... the LCR side skirt is installed on my toledo...next mod is LCR front bumper with wheel damper guards, than the alloys....BUT what about the rear bumper? that's where we all face some problems....as Leon owners can simply swap their rear bumpers....Toledo rear sporty bumpers are a hassle....what to do? how to turn your normal bumper to a Cupra R like? Any suggestions....and if some of you had modified their rear bumpers a pic would be appreciated! Additionally the roof spoiler is also a good option...i've seen once but don't know which company makes them....

i've currently installed chrome front grill frames, LCR side skirts... now saving money for LCR front bumpers and alloys with low profile tyres.

Toledo owners:
please share your thoughts and suggestions for a Cupra R look a like Toledo! and some pics of your modded Toledos would be appreciated!!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I was looking at the Leon rooftip spoilers, as the car is about the same width as the Leon I was wondering whether one could be fitted. In particular, an aftermarket 'fake' that would be more flexible than a standard Leon OEM, so it could fit on the roof edge a bit better.

But I never found out exactly how wide a Leon rear screen is so I didn't take it any further.

salman_20vt

I am auto emoción al !!
Jul 3, 2011
I wish I could find some aftermarket roof spoilers.....the UK market is a heaven for SEAT owners, but here in Middle East...not that easy to find SEAT accessories! I'm gonna have to order some parts from the UK if I have to....but only after I see some pics to see if they're a perfect fit and how they enhance the over all look the car! i've heard there are boot lid spoilers for Toledos...the main issue is the rear bumper....what to do with it!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I have a boot lid spoiler on mine, it came with the car and is a standard OEM part;

IMG_8010.jpg

With regards to the rear bumper, despite what it might look like the Toledo isn't that much longer than the Leon. With a bit of smart fibreglassing you might be able to adapt a Cupra rear bumper to fit.

salman_20vt

I am auto emoción al !!
Jul 3, 2011
This rear spoiler is what I want for my Toledo as well! Looking very nice mate! You've got a clean shiny black toledo...any more pics of her? You might want to look at my Toledo's pics in the pics forums :)

RoddersV5

Jun 27, 2011
Reading, Berkshire
My V5 didn't come with a boot spoiler, which is a shame, but also a blessing, as I really like the boot tip spoilers that are on ebay.. I have seen a few pics of some and they "appear" to be a good fit.. I like the clean look that they offer, so will be getting one once I have done all my servicing and general tarting up :)
As for rear bumper mods etc, I think there is a limited supply out there, but am sure we will find some somewhere.. Keep you posted.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Someone on here did one of the boot edge spoilers, apparently it did fit really well and looked nice despite it being cheap. It was a rubber material that is pretty much 'cut to length' and stuck on, but I was very impressed with the way it looked. I'd be the same as you, had I not had the spoiler fitted from the start I might have gone for one of the edge ones.

I'm currently watching a couple of Leon roof line spoilers on ebay that are quite cheap at the moment, if they stay cheap I'll get one and see if I can get it fitted.

RoddersV5

Jun 27, 2011
Reading, Berkshire

salman_20vt

I am auto emoción al !!
Jul 3, 2011
With regards to the rear bumper, despite what it might look like the Toledo isn't that much longer than the Leon. With a bit of smart fibreglassing you might be able to adapt a Cupra rear bumper to fit.

is it really possible!! ? Toledo's rear boot lid housing is different from Leon isn't it? will the LCR bumper catch the fittings and clips on?

I would really really wish to see a photochop of a Toledo with LCR rear bumper...anyone kind enough to give me and rest of Toledo owners an idea of how it could look like if done smart fibreglassing?:)

salman_20vt

I am auto emoción al !!
Jul 3, 2011
A couple of pics I found on the internet search...don't know if its real or photochop but looks awesome! The black Toledo's rear strip is removed very nicely! And the Leon Cupra rims looking lovely!

need more photochops of rear bumper designs...:) Just love that rear Cupra bumper!!!!!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
is it really possible!! ? Toledo's rear boot lid housing is different from Leon isn't it? will the LCR bumper catch the fittings and clips on?

I would really really wish to see a photochop of a Toledo with LCR rear bumper...anyone kind enough to give me and rest of Toledo owners an idea of how it could look like if done smart fibreglassing?:)

I think at the very most you may have to make the cutout narrower or wider, I'd expect the corners to pretty much in the right place? Of course, I'm doing this from seeing a Leon and Toledo next to each other rather than measuring. I may be completely off!

I don't know if you've seen these yet;

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182063

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275362

I do like the rear end from that last one

mg245921copy.jpg

(needs a wash though!)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
No, the mark 2 Toledo was only around for five years and didn't get any 'special editions'. The V5 was the most well equipped, with the 1.8 turbo introduced towards the end and a range of diesels all the way through. No changes on the outside I'm afraid.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise