Toledo Repair Costs

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Just had my Toledo TDi 70k mille service at cost of £234.69 inc. 2 new front wiper blades.
Service was done by ******* in St Albans and they didn't even wash the car, though they did hoover it out and adjust the drivers door hinge without any charge!

Also, I enquired about cost of 80k mile service, as cambelt change will need to be done - cost is approx £660!!

Car has to go back next Monday to have n/side cv joint gaiter replaced (covered by extended warranty).
They have also reported rear brake pads 75-80% worn and quoted £121 for replacement - sounds very expensive to me? :(

I am sure a "quick fit" centre would be 1/2 this price, but same quality? - anyone have any experience of this.
I get the car serice by SEAT franchise as I have SEAT extended warranty, but brake pads is another thing altogether.

Thanks,
John.

Last edited:

altea-xl

just had my altea serviced at 30k and cost me £110 dont know about the toledo though, maybe try the toledo section:D

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
121quid for a set of brake pads, yikes, I recently had a 70k service, cambelt replacement and exhaust manifold flap (common fault !!) replaced for under 600quid by Jochen of vwgroups who is set up in Welwyn Garden city.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Toledo will be the same as the Altea.

I can get the cambelt kit, water pump, (all genuine) and fitted for approx. £160, serviced inc all filters, oil etc approx £200. Replaced all my discs and pads for around £150, Your getting ripped off! Dont go to a dealer for servicing, shop arround with dealers, Skoda etc and see if they will price match, if not go to an independant.

As for waaranty, you don't have to use Seat to keep it, genuine parts and VAT registered!

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Toledo will be the same as the Altea.

I can get the cambelt kit, water pump, (all genuine) and fitted for approx. £160, serviced inc all filters, oil etc approx £200. Replaced all my discs and pads for around £150, Your getting ripped off! Dont go to a dealer for servicing, shop arround with dealers, Skoda etc and see if they will price match, if not go to an independant.

As for waaranty, you don't have to use Seat to keep it, genuine parts and VAT registered!

Hi Googies,

Thanks for your reply.
First - I usually post in Altea section as Toledo 5P is basically a Altea with a "big arse" and Altea section has an active readership!

Noted on the service costs - my Toledo is a co. car normally replaced at 3 years, but due to fiancial situation I am having to run it for longer!
We bought a 1 year SEAT extended warranty as I was worried about a major failure being very expensive (e.g DSG box) - I didn't want any dispute on a claim under this by using a non-SEAT franchise service centre, although I do appreciate in theory this should not be a problem as you have stated.
I need to present to my co. the costs for upcoming 80k mile service to see if we replace the car before then - this is likely to be around December, when the car will be 4 years old and extended warranty will also expire.

Replacement is always based on "cost to change" so I guess will depend on residual value of mine against replacement car - I am (most likely) looking at Octavia L&K DSG Estate and would prob try to find a lightly used one to reduce the cost.

Cheers,
John.

afaik the timing belt is done at 60k or every four years.

Timing belt on my TDI (2.0ltr BKD engine) was £100 (RRP 160) Water Pump, recommended to do it at same time, £25, and labour was £75 form Ex Foreman of SEREMotors. :)

All Parts are available from David at Seremotors (cheaper than TPS as they wanted 138+32) on the forums here.

I fitted new Disc/pads myself.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.