Toledo TDI engine missing @ 1700rpm, EGR prob ?

charliecwmboy

Hi Everyone,

I've just bought a 1.9TDI Toledo 2004 105bhp (BKC engine / new shape), the car seems to misfire at about 1700rpm. Most of the time it's a very slight vibration/shudder when running up the gears through 1700rpm to 2000rpm after which it clears itself and runs smoothly.

Although yesterday, I was in 5th gear, in slow moving traffic, accelerated slowly through the rev range of 1700 to 2000rpm and the engine started to shudder violently (as if the car was crawling in a hi gear and about to stall). I changed down a gear got it past this rev range and it was ok. This hasn't happened again but was quite un-nerving.

Could this be an EGR valve problem ? I'm not quite sure of the operation and actuation of the EGR valve, can someone please explain.

I didn't want to post this just in the Toledo area as I think that the same engine may be used in the Altea/Altea XL.

Thanks in advance
Charliecwmboy

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Get the car to a dealer and check if it has had the DMF and clutch changed, Mine was the same, and turned out it was a LUK supplied DMF, SEAT changed to SACHs to solve problems, requires new clutch as the new flywheel wont be compatible with old clutch. Sounds too similar to my problem to be EGR.

charliecwmboy

Thanks sssstew & googies for your replies,

I don't think it's had a new clutch fitted - it's done 44K, although there has been an issue, the person before me put petrol in it (it's a diesel ! :wtf:).

On picking up the car it broke down (it didn't show any signs of a problem on the initial test drive). Both the cam and the lift pumps were changed under warranty :funk:.

I know - the car sounds like a right ringer, but I got a 2 year warranty out of the peeps who sold it to me, there isn't many cars out there 5 years old and you get a 4 year warranty with.

cheers
charliecwmboy

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Get in touch with David @ SERE, he has a section on the forum, he is a seat dealer and can run your VIN number through and check what is fitted to your car and what work has been/needs carried out in terms or warranty recalls etc that it should have had.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.