Toledo to be killed off soon?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Skoda announcements recently look forward to the second gen Rapid - in the pipeline for 2019. Only the Rapid Spaceback will survive as a conventional 5 door hatch of a similar size to the Golf. The (Toledo shaped) Rapid Hatchback will not be produced any more. Will this be the end of the Toledo? An obvious move would be to take the current tooling to Spain, but would VW bother in view of the limited demand? In 2016 the Rapid sold 200000+, the Toledo only 18000. Some auto websites expect Toledo production to stop as soon as this summer. I wonder if there will be any option laden special Final Edition cars to be had?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Toledo range in the UK has already been reduced down to just two models (SE and XCELLENCE) with only two engines (1.0 TSI 110 and 1.6 TDI 115) and two options (DAB on SE and Full Link on both) and is no longer a dealership demonstrator requirement, so the end of the model has already begun.

Nothing has been announced so I'm only speculating at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if production stopped completely after the August factory shut-downs this year...

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
I hope it doesn't finish, I think it's a great car. Mind you my last car was a Fabia 1.4 TDI.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.