Toledo V5 170: New Pictures 09/01/10

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
Oxford, Uni in Gloucester
UPDATE: New Pictures 09/01/10.

I picked up this 2.3 V5 20v Toledo 2 weeks ago as a straight swap for my Peugeot 306. its on 87k on a 51plate and has 11months MOT :whistle: I am a student but i spend so much time in the car so its going to be a sleeper Rep-mobile ;)This will be a long ongoing project hopefully leading to a fully colour coded and sweet looking Toledo with out losing its function.

I have nto got any pictures that i have taken, but this is what the previous owner did.

This is how it was in May 2009
Photo-0081.jpg

The last owner couldnt afford to Run the beast so didnt have her for that long:p what he did do was

-Drilled Airbox
-Custom Cold Airfeed
-Debadge
-Paint Alloys Volvo Gunmetal
-V5 badge
-Splitter

To get it looking like this:

SEAT.jpg

Photo-0107.jpg

Photo-0102.jpg

Its got the full spec with Double DIN satnav system (needs updating)
Photo-0086.jpg

So far i have invested in new Lighting H1's 29.99 H3's £35 and 501 Bright sidelights £5 =£70. Well worth it... I can see! side lights look the part too!

I invested in Bosch aeroblade wipers from wipers direct fr £25 which i am waiting on/

Next was for plain Metal pressed plates that have arrived today, front ones on, and on the back i am going for a subtle colour coded SEAT plate holder.

I have installed my Road Angel with neat wiring through the dash. Also I have a cradle and charger all hooked up for the blackberry.

I was going to overhall the sound system, as i have been used to the sub, but the sound quality is great! very suprised! 6 CD changer system is old school but great!

Plans are to Colour code the rear and front bumpers with the side bump strips. I will be getting quotes in the next week

Next is to go to Powerflow for a custom S/S TDI style hidden system or back box, as i want a nice rumble low down. try and get a quote tomorrow and book it in :) Also TT replica pedals and Cupra Foot rests with Chrome dial surrounds to freshen up the interior. Also on order are rear number plate bright white 501 bulbs to freshen up the back end at night. also a service and vented and drilled discs with red callipers to break up the silver and black.

Photos will be soon! and the car is now sparkling since iv owned it

Any other ideas?

Comments Welcome

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
POWERFLOW

I have just got back from spending two and a half hours at powerflow Gloucester

I had fiited a Full stainless steel cat-back system with a freeflowing mid box and rear box in a TDI style, all hidden from eye

Cost £260 and is perfect!

After completing the middle section we fired her up, and what a noise! i owuld of loved to keep it that way, as all the mechanics suggested but i thought i better quieten her up

Now i have a lovely grumble low down and through the revs, a really nice subtle system

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzUtMjAwOTEwMzAtMTAyM.jpg

Old system:
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzItMjAwOTEwMzAtMTAxO.jpg

Mid build

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzktMjAwOTEwMzAtMTE1M.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzctMjAwOTEwMzAtMTA0O.jpg

Difference
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzgtMjAwOTEwMzAtMTEwO.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzQtMjAwOTEwMzAtMTAyM.jpg

completed
utf-8BSU1HMDAwODAtMjAwOTEwMzAtMTIwM.jpg

Also one at night with the sidelights last night
utf-8BSU1HMDAwNzAtMjAwOTEwMjgtMjEyM.jpg

very happy

Also on the way back, popped into a local bodyshop. colour coding bump strips and rear bumper will be £200, and il be leaving the front bumper for now as plans are to fit a Cupra R bumper this will be around christmas time or new year, along with a SEAT sport spoiler. Apparently This SEAT has been lowered, different springs to normal which is evident from the wishbone angle, Very interesting!

Let me know what you think

Last edited:

michaelg1001

B5 S4 Avant
Jun 24, 2008
Sheffield
looking good mate, nearly got some s3 alloys meself off ebay but they were too far away :( so i went and got a remap instead haha. looking forward to seein these wheels on

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Very nice - wish I'd gone for a V5 instead of the tractor engine!!

How do the new tail pipes look - are they still consealed behind the bumper OEM style or on show?

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
Very nice - wish I'd gone for a V5 instead of the tractor engine!!

How do the new tail pipes look - are they still consealed behind the bumper OEM style or on show?

Cheers mate, im thinking i should of gone with the tdi haha, the fuel consumtion is killing me as i am a student:think:

Tail pipe wise, i keep it OEM, hidden tdi style. people are like :wtf: when they here me boot it. i did not want to cut the bumper, as i want it colour coded.

Soon to come: Service, OEM Spolier and new alloys I AM ON THE HUNT!:help:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
Cheers mate, im thinking i should of gone with the tdi haha, the fuel consumtion is killing me as i am a student:think:

Fair point, the economy on the TDI makes it worth it, I'm averaging around 50mpg with 90% town driving. Was doing a lot of motorway miles when I got it so it had to be a TDI, now I'm only commuting through town so reckon I could manage to run a V5 but the TDI has been so reliable I'm reluctant to get rid of it! And it's nice only having to fill up every 3 weeks or so!

If I were you I'd colour code the door strips but leave the lower part of the bumpers black, I think it sets off the black wheels better (although I guess if you're changing the wheels then that doesn't apply.) The splitter at the front definatley suits a black lower bumper better than a colour coded one I think as it looks a bit tacked on when it's the only black bit.

Last edited:

V5-Ant

V5 Student Power
Oct 8, 2009
Fair point, the economy on the TDI makes it worth it, I'm averaging around 50mpg with 90% town driving. Was doing a lot of motorway miles when I got it so it had to be a TDI, now I'm only commuting through town so reckon I could manage to run a V5 but the TDI has been so reliable I'm reluctant to get rid of it! And it's nice only having to fill up every 3 weeks or so!

If I were you I'd colour code the door strips but leave the lower part of the bumpers black, I think it sets off the black wheels better (although I guess if you're changing the wheels then that doesn't apply.) The splitter at the front definatley suits a black lower bumper better than a colour coded one I think as it looks a bit tacked on when it's the only black bit.

I can imagine! iv only ever had Tdi's! i get around 30mpg on the open road with the wind behind me! I was thinking only do the back bumper and bumper strips as i agree with you, then try get cupra R bumper for the front.

These are the wheels im getting, and the spoiler, i am trying to do a photoshop of the colour code. The car below is being broken and i am collecting the parts from it in january, but its how it will look on mine.

TOLLYSILVER3.jpg

TOLLYSILVER2.jpg

TOLLYSILVER.jpg

I am thinking of doing the wheels in a deep silver, and lowering 40mm asap.

what do you think?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I am a complete wheel *****, i am not getting those any more as i just stumbled upon another set of S3's with decent tyres. should be here on monday! very happy.

thanks

Lol, just like me then! Are you just gonna leave the s3 alloy standard, or respray them a different colour?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.