toledo water leak and fuel flap problem

stephen01989

i have a seat toledo 2001 1.9 tdi. i have a water leak that is comeing in from the doors but all the holes at the bottom of the doors are fine none of them are blocked. i also have a problem with my fuel flap that gives me excess to my fuel cap. it just stoped workin and wont open for me by useing the button inside the car.

your help would be great fanks

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The first one is the standard door leak issue, there's plenty of threads talking about the door panels.

The second one might be a bit more tricky, but from memory you can get to the lock mechanism from inside the boot, it's behind the carpet.

stephen01989

do you no if there is a fuse that controls the lock. and have u any suggestions in how to solve the leaks in the doors???

many thanks

gibsonguy

hi , the door leaks i have had a all my seats , if you take the plastic door panel of you will see a metal panel "window regulator" un bolt all but the top 2 just slacken them you then should have enough room to put some silicon sealent at least half way round,just make sure its clean and dry before you apply ,leave to dry out of the rain and that should cure the leaks...if not you may want to check the seal around your pollen filter under the bonnet...hope this helps..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.