Tolly 1.8 20VT

azzy964

Hi,
Just wanted to introduce my new 1.8 20VT 53 plate Toledo.
Purchased with 66000 miles on the clock, very tidy interior and only exterior marks are a pin dent in the drivers door and a small chip in windscreen which Autoglass will sort out shortly.

azzy964

I bought it on Friday without warranty and the engine light came on on Sat! Typical! I've since had it plugged in and discovered it is a temperature sensor issue, coolant/thermostat which will be replaced asap, I gather this is common?

azzy964

I'm going to keep it stock for a little while and upgrade a few things later this year, I have a few ideas to get me started but what should be top of my list?

azzy964

Well, first on the list is coil overs or shocks and springs (if I can afford them) followed by AMD remap. I may get some under bonnet detail before then (hoses etc), I'll remove the engine cover and have a tidy up this weekend to see what's what.

azzy964

Its my first Seat (had an Astra G before) and first car that has the potential to be something quick, reliable and damn cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

azzy964

But I've gotta get my posts up before I can post some pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:

ToledoTed

Hi, I've just bought a Toledo TDI 150 Sport, I also considered the 1.8 T but the fuel return figures of the TDI impressed me!
I used to have. 2.3 v5 bora which was a great car but thirsty!

azzy964

Yeh, fuel economy is not something I can boast about. Average about 25-30 mpg on 40-60 min journeys, short journeys around town im lucky to get 20. LOL

azzy964

nice, my tolly averages about 30-35mpg on medium runs, haven't gone for a really long run yet, round town is daft, 20-25mpg if I'm sensible.

azzy964

Hi, I've just bought a Toledo TDI 150 Sport, I also considered the 1.8 T but the fuel return figures of the TDI impressed me!
I used to have. 2.3 v5 bora which was a great car but thirsty!
So whats the plan for your Tolly Ted?

ToledoTed

I've no idea you know I first need to sort the paintwork out as it has some paintwork issues then I'm going to start on the engine.

Any suggestions ?

azzy964

I'm probably going to work on the stance first, get her handling well then up the power.
Mine's already got an aftermarket bumper and boot lid spoiler which is not fitted very well so I need to sort this out. Got a set of Team Heko wind deflectors on the way already too.

I am toying with the idea of de-badging but I'm not sure it looks great tbh, I might remove the '20VT' to even it out.

Have you got any pics of yours up anywhere yet?

ToledoTed

Not yet, I'm going to spend a couple of hours cleaning it today and hopefully get some pics on later.

I have the garage stock photos (they used the pics to sell it) but they aren't that great!

I think my first expense will be a new battery as its struggling to start on the existing battery!

I had a bit of luck last night too as I was prepared to get the Cam Belt and water pump replaced at a cost of £300 but whilst looking through some old receipts I found an invoice from Listers Seat in Nuneaton replacing both in feb 2013 at a cost of nearly £500!

Odd really as the owner part exchanged it 2 months on and I bought it from the garage.

ToledoTed

yre6a3em.jpg

ge6y7uqu.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.