Tom Boardman, Club SEAT/Special Tuning UK

rick10

Agreed but if Plato was running with no ballast and Boardman with max ballast, we have no way of knowing what was really going on.

we had engine trouble thats why we was a little bit off the pace but we was in the 49sec plus you dont know what other teams were runing full fuel and how much weight in the car etc

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Rick i still think Toms car was giving the best flames of the day, not that that helps him go fast but it looks good ;)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Quick scout of the internet has revelaed nothing for that story

Would be good to see another Leon out there

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
WTCC TDI's are Common Rail CR170 Engines with alot of modifications but still have a motorsport DPF

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
What will happen in 2011 when both WTCC & WRC go to 1.6 & Turbo Spec engines ?
Paul

I think for just 1 year (2011 season) all engines will be allowed in WTCC (S1600 and S2000), with performance levels equalised, similar to what TOCA are doing in the BTCC, running S2000 alongside NGTC

That said, the FIA are only allowing this for 1 season, unlike the BTCC allowing it until 2013

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I nice way for the TDI's to bow out - 3 times Champions

I doubt the TDi's would come out on top next year. In the WTCC this year, at times, they have really struggled.

I think the TDi engine may have reached the end of its developement, but the Cruze for example hasn't.

With S1600 engines running in WTCC next year, I think the tdi's will find it even more difficult, remember, these 1600 turbos will have much more torque than the current S2000 engines.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I see this weekend, that Tom's using the car Phil Glew drove at Silverstone. I'll be interested to see how it goes tomorrow when I'm there.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise