Top Gear Mag & SEAT Sport test Race : Computer Game

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
In the Top Gear Awards magazine, that came out yesterday. They have a good article where they have compared the new RACE:WTCC Computer game, in a real world sense.

They used Brands Hatch circuit, with the BTCC Leon and JP, and compared its times and performance on the real track against the virtual track. :)

They have put up videos now on Topgear Mags website here.

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2006/12/stories/14/1.html

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Having played the game myself at home, its seriously realistic. I've also totalled the Leon a few times. Maybe SEAT Sport will let me out in one of theirs for comparison ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wonder if he's better than he was at RD2....

I'm getting there with the racing online now, normally finishing in the top 4 in both races (I'd be in the front, but I normally get punted at 1st corner if I do too well)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Journo's comment "I didn't get near my virtual lap time because I was a mewling ***** when the first corner loomed into view" :D

JP was off the power 100metres later than the journo, approaching Paddock Hill bend.

But then you'd expect that! Journo was around 5 secs slower in the car. They only did the Indy circuit because of noise restrictions on the full GP. So had to use the cut through in the game for comparison.

Journo was closer to JP in the virtual world. With JP only being a second quicker on the real track than the journo's time in the game.

Jason enjoyed the game, and was impressed with the realism, but only to a certain extent. When you drive a tourer for a living, virtual reality just isn't enough. :)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
That does it!! I don't care if we are about a week away from Chrimbo I am gonna get Race!!:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members