Top Speed For A Re-Mapped Cupra R?

Henjo24

Hi

Just interested in what my Cupra R would hit top speed? Was remapped to 265hp (Custom Code) but added a 007p valve, Jetex Filter, Cold Air Feed Pipe, The Dogbone. Havent got the balls to try it myself.

Henjo24

Would never do 150mph anywhere lol. Aint that type of driver I like to try and keep off the turbo & drive slow. Unless I have a silly boy racer next to me in a saxo/punto etc

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Its around the 160mph mark, as this was how fast i got out of mine, using sat nav. Different story now thou, after the garage which fitted my stage 2, put the boost way too high for the standard turbo. Now i need a new one as the old one is shot

JaWalks

I've had mine off the clock which stops at 160 so it's fast enough to get you a short jail sentence.

when i was on the "autobahn" i managed 160mph on the clocks then i bottled it, don't think there was much more i could get from it tbh. maybe if i was running a fmic, freer flowing exhaust & stage 2 i could rev out the box

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
What is the point in owning a fast car if you keep off the turbo and drive slow, you might as well get something slower if your not using the power fully Henjo 24

Last edited:

Henjo24

Ive never driven anything over 200bhp before so when I got in my R for the first time and gave it the boot I started laughing like a mad man had to pull over and take a few mins lol. I thought my 172 was rapid lol. I will never do 160mph in it I havent hit 100 yet.

Henjo24

I just love the fact of having that power if I need it under my right foot! But yea I am quite a slow driver I loved the look of the Onvi yellow R so had to buy 1.

Jun 16, 2008
way over 140. even around 110-120 the car is just hungry to give u so much more

just cos u got a fast car, dont mean you just rag the living **** out of it.

sometimes it better knowing the power is there - giving it the whelly once in a while and having that smile on ur face :)

Henjo24

Good point Joeb. I just wanna look after it and hopefully the turbo will stay healthy and have less problems. I will still give a go when I feel like it tho ;-)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I find that over 120ish the front end feels a bit twitchy, wouldn't want to have to change direction suddenly at that sort of speed.

t32er

i pushed a 3.0 BMW Z4 down the um... the auto bahn local to me, the look on his face at 147 was superb, looking in his mirror to see me more or less in his boot lol a golden picture that will remain in my head for years to come... think i boiled my brake fluid though when i hit them to turn off, dont know what it will do balls out though, im stage 1 custome code too

Pyro

I had 144 on autobahn and still had mire to go and car was running crap at the time :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.