Torn between induction kits...

StephanCupra

Jun 23, 2014
South Wales
Hey guys, I'm looking at 2 kits and they're massively different in price but want you opinions..
The first is the MTC motorsport one;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251555933832

And the 2nd is the Forge motorsport twintake
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forge-Mot...Twintake-Induction-Kit-FMIND12D-/380650236851

I'm torn because they're so massively wide apart in cost and I don't really know what the pros/cons are of each.. At this stage i'm not massively concerned on performance and just want a nice sound from the kit, also on the MTC i'd have to buy a filter seperately.

Can you guys give me any guidance?

Regards

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Both of those look terrible imho, Evoms or Revo intakes are much better looking and probably perform better too!

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Both of those look terrible imho, Evoms or Revo intakes are much better looking and probably perform better too!

Are you talking from experience on the performance side of things, or just speculating based on how each kit looks?

streetbeef

Aug 11, 2010
crawley west sussex
Revo intake....................... Next question! :ban: Only joking. Revo intake has been tried and tested by quite a few of us and call all vouch for what a great all round piece of kit it is!

murph81

Sep 20, 2013
Are you talking from experience on the performance side of things, or just speculating based on how each kit looks?

Just from what I have read on here and other Mk5 forums, but what would I know I'm only a ******.

StephanCupra

Jun 23, 2014
South Wales
Revo intake....................... Next question! :ban: Only joking. Revo intake has been tried and tested by quite a few of us and call all vouch for what a great all round piece of kit it is!

Ceramic coated one is 418, but I think a few places are doing them slightly cheaper atm

Try samtech performance mate

Just from what I have read on here and other Mk5 forums, but what would I know I'm only a ******.

Thanks for the help guys ill consider that. What about this revo one? Is it a lot worse?

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-...gh-flow-air-filter-intake-system#.U7HTefldVUM

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
The mtc is basically a copy of the ITG intake which is a brat bit of kit that will make some nice sucking/whooshing noises.

Bang for your buck the MTC kit is hard to beat

I've just bought a mtc kit yesterday, I've also bought a huge ram-air filter to go with it..... The filter cost me £40

The pipe work on the MTC kits is 90mm which is a fair old size compared to others.

I did have the neuspeed p-Flo intake.... Again a good bit of kit that makes some nice noises.

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
I have the MTC kit and it's a cracking bit of kit for the money! It's a copy of the ITG kit as mentioned above! I put the ITG filter on my one, and it is very loud I have to say, some very loud WOOSH's coming from the bonnet. Performance wise I went from a Neuspeed P-Flo to this kit and the difference was night and day!

A lot of people will say the Revo or Evoms is the best kit, but in my mind I couldn't see £200/300 worth of difference worth paying for.. But each to their own

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
I'll be getting an MTC intake soon hopefully. I've looked at others and reviews on several different topics and for the money it seems you can't go wrong with the MTC.

StephanCupra

Jun 23, 2014
South Wales
The mtc is basically a copy of the ITG intake which is a brat bit of kit that will make some nice sucking/whooshing noises.

Bang for your buck the MTC kit is hard to beat

I've just bought a mtc kit yesterday, I've also bought a huge ram-air filter to go with it..... The filter cost me £40

The pipe work on the MTC kits is 90mm which is a fair old size compared to others.

I did have the neuspeed p-Flo intake.... Again a good bit of kit that makes some nice noises.

I have the MTC kit and it's a cracking bit of kit for the money! It's a copy of the ITG kit as mentioned above! I put the ITG filter on my one, and it is very loud I have to say, some very loud WOOSH's coming from the bonnet. Performance wise I went from a Neuspeed P-Flo to this kit and the difference was night and day!

A lot of people will say the Revo or Evoms is the best kit, but in my mind I couldn't see £200/300 worth of difference worth paying for.. But each to their own

I'll be getting an MTC intake soon hopefully. I've looked at others and reviews on several different topics and for the money it seems you can't go wrong with the MTC.

If anyone does purchase the MTC I recommend doing this very small mod, as it helps to make your fuel trims spot on!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/193365-s3-mtc-intake-kit-white-3.html

Thanks for the input all, I think I'll go with the MTC! Joshkcupra I can't find the very small mod you're talking about?

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
If you scroll down the page, he mentions that he bought a separate little piece of silicone hose and a length of tube and extended the pipework before the MAF, cost him £15, and it gave him bang on perfect fuel trims.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah I trialled that mid before I posted it on there.
Tried most intakes on tfsi and to be fair the MTC is an excellent intake giving good gains and sound nice.
The only downside to the MTC is the look of it.
Tried the twintake and it's pretty poor on K04 cars.
Tried Revo wasn't mega impressed with the noise.
I'm now running a AMD intake with an enclosed filter on which gives good performance and excellent fuel trims and its quiet.
If your looking for an intake at a good price then MTC all day long.

If you buy and MTC for £190 from eBay and need a filter I've got a pipercross filter that fits the MTC done approx 100 miles.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.