Towbar Electrics

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Ok people I already have the bosal tow bar on my FR but my question is who wired there electrics up and where did you put the socket? The reason I ask is im about to do mine on sat and I don’t really want the socket in view all the time, and also do you need to run a feed from both lights or can it all be done off one side of the vehicle? One last thing did you solder or use the crimpy thingys?

Any help is as always appreciated

Cheers

Steve

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Dood, I couldnt be bothered to do mine but the chap that did mine spliced into the loom on my left light and then theres a cable running over to the right side for something. We are out riding in Farnham on Saturday if you wanna hook up and take a looky?

I can then have a go in your car to see if its worth me getting mine stage 1'd ;)

pow

May 26, 2007
You need to do it off both sides normally.

Need a (IIRC) feed for
LH Indicator
RH Indicator
LH Sidelight
RH Sidelight
Brake Lights

And for some:

Reverse Light
Fog Light

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
I think the loom for the right side runs through the left hand side so that is where he has spliced it all together. Theres still a single cable running to the right side though for some reason..

pow

May 26, 2007
Sometimes fitters cheat and just use double up the sidelights and take the one feed from other side for the indicator

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Dood, I couldnt be bothered to do mine but the chap that did mine spliced into the loom on my left light and then theres a cable running over to the right side for something. We are out riding in Farnham on Saturday if you wanna hook up and take a looky?

I can then have a go in your car to see if its worth me getting mine stage 1'd ;)

Where abouts in farnham you riding and what sort of time?

Is you socket inside the car or have you got it in the boot? would be handy to shove my head in the boot and have a look if you dont mine:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.