TP setting on radio

matt_w73

Hi

Loving the car - done 2500 miles now and really enjoying being able to switch between manual mode and auto mode depending on whether I'm stuck in traffic or out on good roads.

Just one niggle, which is that the traffic program setting on the radio doesn't seem to work - when I select the TP button, whether I'm listening to a CD or the radio, it seems to cut back in with random snippets from Radio 4 or other stations, but never any actual traffic news.

Has anyone else had this problem - if so, how did you fix it? Or do I need a trip back to the dealer?

I have had TP on previous cars, so I know sometimes it doesn't always pick up the traffic news if the radio station switches it on in error, but this is nothing like that - it never picks up the real announcements...

Cheers

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Im pretty sure the traffic report notification is at the stations end. I used to think they'd leave it on longer before and after so you'd hear something of interest and tune back in. I'm not 100% on this though.

paulov

Mat I have the same issue, listening to my ipod or radio when TP interrupts, but then does not return to the original - so anybody any ideas?

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I could be wrong but i think you have to press the TP button once to change back to the original source without turning the TP off.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Mine works really well - I be listening to my mp3s and the Radio Ulster cuts in with the traffic news and their catchy jingle, then it goes straight back to my mp3s.

It doesn't seem to work when im in ROI though :(

matt_w73

Thanks for the replies. I think I might need to take it in for the dealer to take a look.

The strange thing is that it worked perfectly when I drove over to Germany, and it's only in the UK that it can't pick up the TP announcements.

moomog

On Friday I drove from Oxfordshire to Nottinghamshire and the TP only cut in about 2 miles from my destination. Not much use by then. :confused:

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
I have had similar issues, mine will cut in and then cut out half way through the traffic reports. I have never had this happen on other head units.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members