1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Track Day Car MK3 Ibiza

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by squirrelboy123, Aug 15, 2010.

1. chris_200120vt

chris_200120vt MR carbon fibre

2. Thanks allot..

The cage was £436.00 from Ebay, It is a bolt in cage and FIA approved. Be warned though because it’s a MK2 Cage its not a direct fit, I had to cut two small sections from the floor pans in the front and had to make two rear mounts for the suspension turrets, And there is lots of welding involved.. Well worth the effort though.. :)

3. craig.

craig. Guest

sweet im loving the new look

4. Some more pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    HiLux LoL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kerb Weight before I started 1193kg

Kerb Weight Now 1024kg (So close to the ton!!) Got to be more I can loose.. lol :blink:

Kw coilovers Next.. as its sitting like a Hilux on the rear now... :doh:

#24 squirrelboy123, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  5. old yella

old yella Full Member

Looking very nice there[B)] as for shedding more weight are you still running the A/C system? if so bin it as the pump alone is pretty heavy!!! lol

6. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

7. p34ch3y

p34ch3y tastefully modified

very nice work so far mate indeed

hat off to you

8. That's not a bad idea! less belt drag too.. Do you know anyone that has removed the A/C? Does it bring up any fault codes ETC..?

I am also removing the Airbags as they wont work now anyway.. Fingers crossed I'm guessing that A/C pump and rad must weigh 6-8kg ish.. Only 16kg to go.. lol

9. old yella

old yella Full Member

I think kev @ revo did on his old ibiza maybe worth a email!! but i doubt it would put up any codes to worry about..

10. cupra.al

the mk3s have some anti vibration weight thing underneath thats quite weighty too not sure where it is though im sure someone on here will tell you.

11. CupraElliott

How have you got it so light with it having a cage too?

Air con won't throw up any codes, the pump is a fair old weight! You do need a new belt though, a shorter one.

Remove the secondary air flow pump and pipes aswell that's pretty heavy. But it does throw up the odd code but just clear it and its fine.

12. cuprabaz

cuprabaz Racing 2020VT

Is 1193kgs from a weigh bridge?

13. redcupraboy

As mentioned above I have removed the secondary air injection pump and pipework, it helps tidy the engine bay up, I get a code every few weeks. I have also removed the aircon pump pipework, pump and rad and also the vibration weight from the underneath of the car its quite a bit of weight and worth doing.:)

14. tom w

has anyone found any difference in vibration when removing the counter weight ???

#34 tom w, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  15. redcupraboy

I havent noticed any differance to be honest.

Forgot to say Squirrelboy your car looks great, love the cage.

#35 redcupraboy, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010

16. I was quite savage with the cutting tools.. lol,

[​IMG]

I Removed both inner door skins and inner boot lid.. :blink:

The OMP cage only weights 26kg. Which is about one STD front seat.. < I know I as shocked to when I read it on the OMP site..

17. Yeah both weights where done on the same weigh bridge with as near to the same amount of fuel in the tank as I could (light on 0 miles to station) lol..

Thank you all for all your ideas so far.. Hopefully once both airbags (The new steering wheel turned up today!! :), This counter weight and the Aircon are gone, I may hit the magic 1000kgs.. :drool: Ill keep you updated..

18. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

not that savage :p there's still a bloody heavy crash bar in there.. and by christ they weight more than you think!

19. Craig!

Craig! IHI Ibiza Cupra

SEC Pump, AC and Vibration Weight can all be removed and must save an easy 30kg.

20. I was going to remove them crash bars, But got scared.. lol I suppose side protection is now given by the cage.. Do you loose any rigidity in the door itself..?

New Sparco 383 Steering wheel now all fitted.. The drivers airbag alone weighed more then the new wheel, its boss and the 50mm spacer.. Gotta be 1.5kg gone only 18.5kg to go haha