Track Day Car MK3 Ibiza

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Your losing weight....but won't that make the car a bit skittish under braking...? light rear and weight transfer over the front wheels...?

May 25, 2008
cambs
Your losing weight....but won't that make the car a bit skittish under braking...? light rear and weight transfer over the front wheels...?

yeah you might want to transfer the batt to the boot and the nitrous bottle lol or wmi bottle to get some weight over the back wheels or it WILL be like a capri under braking

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
yeah you might want to transfer the batt to the boot and the nitrous bottle lol or wmi bottle to get some weight over the back wheels or it WILL be like a capri under braking

*comes out of hiding* I thought I'd not seen any mention of front-rear balance....

squirrelboy123

Yes It has a little.. Not as much as I thought though..? I was hoping the coilovers will help? But yeah moving the battery etc is a good idea, I am thinking of getting an internal alloy fuel tank which I suppose I could mount further back. (Not 100% on the safety aspect if hit from behind though?)

looking nice:coolthumb lovin the matt black look

Cheers.. :)

I was going to remove them crash bars, But got scared.. lol I suppose side protection is now given by the cage.. Do you loose any rigidity in the door itself..?

Who needs it? As long as it's there to stop s**t coming in...

I wouldn't worry about bias. Just go balls out and see what happens. Chances are you won't have a problem then boom, track fun here you go!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I was going to remove them crash bars, But got scared.. lol I suppose side protection is now given by the cage.. Do you loose any rigidity in the door itself..?

New Sparco 383 Steering wheel now all fitted.. The drivers airbag alone weighed more then the new wheel, its boss and the 50mm spacer.. Gotta be 1.5kg gone only 18.5kg to go haha

scared?
thats what the cage is for.. If that scares you how will you be on track :think:
door is fine without it.. and much lighter. it "tings" when you shut it of course being so light and effectively single skin.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yes It has a little.. Not as much as I thought though..? I was hoping the coilovers will help? But yeah moving the battery etc is a good idea, I am thinking of getting an internal alloy fuel tank which I suppose I could mount further back. (Not 100% on the safety aspect if hit from behind though?)

Cheers.. :)

I would'nt.. existing tank is low and close to mid mounted.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Weight transfer under braking won't change though.

no but start weight of the car will so balance will change I can assure you.
ABS system is junk and dangerous so dump that as soon as you can and add bias valves.. On track you will be much better off

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Are you saying you still have air con and secondary air?

You need to man up and get cutting **** and throwing things in the bin. lol.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
no but start weight of the car will so balance will change I can assure you.
ABS system is junk and dangerous so dump that as soon as you can and add bias valves.. On track you will be much better off

Yep completely agreed, I was referring to the coilies as opposed to weight removal :)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Are you saying you still have air con and secondary air?

You need to man up and get cutting **** and throwing things in the bin. lol.

Why dont you say what you mean!!

Crikey mate, you aint wasting no time on that, although I aint a fan of the paint job.

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
liking the speedy process on this wish i could get up of my lazy arse to get on with my car lol

also if your thinking about ditching the abs how would you go about doing it? ive already binned a fair few bits off mine so why not bin some more lol

butch20vt

gaz sead for me two have a look at this last night and fair play mate u dont mess about
paint job strip it and back on the road all in in a short time awsom work mate luv the car...:D

squirrelboy123

gaz sead for me two have a look at this last night and fair play mate u dont mess about
paint job strip it and back on the road all in in a short time awsom work mate luv the car...:D

Thanks Mate,

Well I finally have the KWs fitted and it no longer looks like a Hi-Lux.. lol . A Big thanks to AMD in Essex for there deal with free fitting.. (More Pics to follow)

You guys are right though under heavy braking the car is very unsettled.. Soo..
More Questions.. As always.. :confused:

Brake Bias adjusters looks like quite a mammoth job..? But they seem (As advised) the best bet with trying to settle the car..

Has anyone done it (Silly question I know lol) Where is the best place to start? Am I best taking all of the abs system out? i.e bypassing it altogether? Wilwood do a lever style one that looks quite trick. What’s best to mess around and plumb it into the car to play around on the move? Sorry Adjust ;) . Or have it somewhere accessible under the bonnet and adjust stationary? Or do I go all out and get a pedal box?

Sorry for the insane length of this post.. and thanks again for all your help and ideas..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.