Track related tips and upgrades.

lightup

May 27, 2019
So i had my first day driving at a track and i got pretty excited at some moments :bounce::bounce:
did 2 sessions of 20 min on Zandvoort new f1 track

car drives above expectations allready but like to improve some issues.
so looking for any tips and upgrades related to trackdriving
any recommendations can be appreciated.

for now i got some heating issues with coolant temp and brakes. and at the finish of the last session my short shifterbracket broke off. it was the diesel short side rack.

and yeah first thing i need to install is some gauges :drive1:, and i am looking at some floating discs.

Last edited:

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Raced on the old Zandvoort back in the early 90's great circuit ....

As for as brake cooling go for a high temperature brake fluid - Something like Motul RBF600 or 660, then get some brake ducts or at least cooling to them.
Someone on here was going to see about making some backing plates with the ducting built in.

Also look to change camber and toe (if getting serious about it ) so a little bit of toe in and a bit more negative camber also rear anti roll bar (if you havnt already got one)

Get an oil cooler , that will pull a significant amount of heat out of the engine meaning the water cooling wont need to work so hard, you could also change to a higher flowing radiator, but if doing that change the thermostat housing for the cast aluminium one.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Baffled sumo is a must.
Hard braking will see all the oil push up the front of the engine etc..
Braided brake lines and racing pads will make a big difference
to braking.
ARB’s front and rear make a big difference as well.
Front control arm bushing with added castor changes the front end turn in.
Whiteline Racing do them.
Coilovers makes a big difference over stock but you prob done that already.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

lightup

May 27, 2019
thanks guys. will look into the brake fluid and get into creating some cooling ducts or something. oil cooler is on the way, baffled sump allready installed and also braided lines. same for arb front and back of a r32 since i got a 20vt4 so 4x4 :p

just want to add more upgrades along the way.

IMG-20200102-165256-739.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.