1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

**TRACKDAY 2** Jays Tribu Ibiza Cupra TSI 211bhp.

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Jay1990, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ALEXZ360

ALEXZ360 Active Member

Why can't mine look like this :p

Looks like you had fun on the track day mate, I'll have to see if I can get to one :)

2. Jay1990

Hehe, It can mate, grab a 90degree pipe from the 1.4 TSI sirrocco kit and a reducer from forge and you are away :)

Track was brilliant :D DO IT!

3. ALEXZ360

ALEXZ360 Active Member

Jay how much did you pay for your springs? I've messaged duzza and he said you had yours with a custom drop, what was it altogether?

4. Jay1990

Can't remember of top of my head, yeah I had them dropped extra on the rear, I remember it was about 8 a spring to press them further.

Really good springs, track proven now ;) lol
    Jay

5. Jay1990

So since I couldnt use my suction mount on track and I really wana get some videos of me driving But I'd like to use my phone i've found an interesting solution.

ONe of these normal camera mounts.

[​IMG]

and one of these that has a camera thread scrrew on it so I can attach it to the above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is installed, apologies on the blurry photo!

[​IMG]

and the view

[​IMG]

Also, Just bought a Lightweight Battery too so waiting to get that deliveried/fitted as soon as.

Looking forward to getting back on track. Cant get the 28th March off so Im thinking of going to cadwell Sat 13th April with a mate whos just picked up a track spec fiesta

#185 Jay1990, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. Jay1990

Phone Camera is a little shaky =/ So might be borrowing GF;s DSLR see if thats any better. Cant really find any other places that the mount/camera can go but the headrest is quiet shaky... Ideas anyone?

Finally got my friends few pics from the last trackday. Not edited, colours a bit washed out but I cba editing them.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jay1990

The above pics should dissappear shortly, ive just deleted them because ive used my phone to add some colour to the pics as they are lacking a bit lol There is nothin new here. My light weight battery is still yet to arrive but im sure it will be here long before trackday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Saw a new shape Civic Type R with a smurf hanging of the towbar the other day. Gave the driver a knowing nod and then left him for dead at the lights :D

8. Jay1990

So my batterys still not arrived.... Contacted company on amazon and they say fed ex delivered it 11days ago! Signed For by a random name. Grr. Not sure what to do now. I've asked them to contact fed ex to see what address it was actually dropped off to.

In other news, took my heat shield off the turbo for painting.

[​IMG]

9. Just noticing the track photos now. Car looks well poised on the track. Notice one of my favourite hot hatches in background of one ... Clio 182 in black / gold by the looks of it. Am considering putting my Boc on the track in the summer.

10. Jay1990

Cheers Dave, yeah was pretty good if I say so myself. Never felt out of control and kept up with stuff I didnt think it would in the twisties. Theres pics on the page before as well I think dave.

Looking forward to my next track action in april :D Still places for it @ cadwell, come with !

11. Krash

Krash Duck just kicked in Yo!

saw this a cadwell a few weeks back, tribu colour looks great

12. Jay1990

Cheers :) the sun was shining that day. Hopefully will be in April as well!

Were you driving or just spectating?

13. Krash

Krash Duck just kicked in Yo!

Just spectating, I live about 10min drive away away so of the suns out and f1s not on often take a trip out

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

14. Jay1990

Well i'm there next weekend with a mate in a silver fiesta :) Looking forward to it.

Got my race battery fitted after a bit of swearing because stuff didn't fit how it should of. Cable ties everywhere, doesn't look neat but its very secure(he says....)

Original.

[​IMG]

Comparison

[​IMG]

New

[​IMG]

Took the car and a few mates(Corsa VXR and the 150bhp DS3) up for a blast into north yorkshire. Do love the roads up there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#194 Jay1990, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  15. Jay1990

TRACKDAY NO.2 :D

So had a great day at cadwell, again, pushed a little harder and had a lot of fun. Amazed at how the brakes and tyres are holding up. the rears melted a little more than the fronts, sideways action yo ;) The lightweight battery defo made it more tail happy and amazingly stayed in place all day, however my induction kit fell a little at somepoint during the day so the poor thing was only getting half the air it should of. Whoops. Car performed brilliantly keeping up with stuff I wouldn't of expected it to even on the straights(like the scooby in the mates video).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://youtu.be/-jAEauHvcsQ?t=5m57s

http://youtu.be/hhv1naqli9U

http://youtu.be/yrgEkxt0Na4

http://youtu.be/JD4UksC3g8M

http://youtu.be/gaPncBey2Gs

http://youtu.be/qU7Rm5V_5FU

#195 Jay1990, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  16. turboboy

turboboy Limp Mode Squad ™

Some good videos, just watched them on my Apple TV.

Ibiza looks like it goes pretty well.

17. NickyJam

NickyJam FR - gone, not forgotten

some nice runs there mate, i wanna get out on track one day with mine and see how it goes

its a pity that all manufacturers are ditching the larger engines to run cleaner, but i personally prefer the engine note of the 1.8 turbos than the new 1.4 twins, but not to say that i don't like the new cupras

18. Jay1990

Cheers turboboy and nicky.

Yeah I was happy with how it performed again, did a LOT more laps this time around first time there spent half the time watching.

It seems to be the way forward nicky. Emmisons ect are killing bigger engined monsters.

The 1.4TSI's dont sound great standard or with an exhaust. But to say I get good mpg even around the city, £130 tax, cheap to insure (£750, mods declared as a 22y/o) and still quicker/as quick as alot of hot hatches these days with /without a remap is the main appeal. Its easy to live with, minus being a little bumpy even on standard moon buggy suspension, and when you want to blast on a country road or track I find the paddles work well and are always responsive. People will say Manual will always feel more fun but I dont think DSG detracts from the fun, its just a different kind of fun.

That pretty much sums up my opinions of my car lol

19. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave lnk cr b82rez 2g4!

This. Though being honest I never had enough faith in my Cupra to properly rail it using the paddles. Only just really got into it in the BM but it makes it loads of fun. That said, there's always going to be something super satisfying about nailing gear changes in a manual.

Super jealous you've been back on track Jay. Waiting for my mate to pull his finger out and get me some new brake pads ordered.. Gave him VCDS for them!! lol

20. Jay1990

You need to do it. Ive got the bug. Its soo much fun and I was going fair bit faster in parts without the car feeling very twitchy or feeling like it was a lucky escape. My redstuff pads and standard disk set up seems to be working perfectly, never used the full braking force until a car span infront of me and my god do they bite, Brilliant pads.

Jay