**TRACKDAY 2** Jays Tribu Ibiza Cupra TSI 211bhp.

Aug 3, 2011
Duzza90 sorted me out with some. The parent company is called Suplex. They make springs for a few well known brands. They have a mahoooosive warehouse of OEM/Race spec and aftermarket springs/coilovers and I went and picked them up. they were originally 25/30 but I wanted 35 all around so I got some custom ones based on the ibiza cupra springs they do.

Jay

Last edited:

Dale-T

LOVING MY BOCANEGRA :)
Oct 31, 2011
Upminster, Essex
Duzza90 sorted me out with some. The parent company is called Suplex. They make springs for a few well known brands. They have a mahoooosive warehouse of OEM/Race spec and aftermarket springs/coilovers and I went and picked them up. they were originally 25/30 but I wanted 35 all around so I got some custom ones based on the ibiza cupra springs they do.

Jay

Sounds good mate
Really happy with my drop :)

Aug 3, 2011
Thats good. Looking forward to mine getting done :D

I'm going to get rid of my air induction kit on eBay or something if anyone wants it message me. Its because insurance renewal is up in Oct and its about 50 to insure, compared to 0 for remap(I know! Great stuff) 20-30 for suspension and another 25 I think For alloys. Going to mod the standard airbox.

Think my kit is the best set up For the price. Forge kit with a 90degree bend and a little tubing. Plug n play. :)

Looks really good but its going
IMG_20111204_113658.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Jay

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Well guys, I took my forge kit off today just to see since I had a spare 10mins and took it out for a drive...

I dont care what anyone says about the forge kit being crap but my one at least makes a big difference to my cars vroom. Its much, MUCH better with the induction kit. Less heatsoak too, first time ive noticed any this evening. Only way I can explain it is that the car's power is more muted.

So then... plus points to taking box off. £50 cheaper insurance.

PLus points for the induction kit. More power, More noise, less heatsoak and looks pretty kool.

Aug 3, 2011
Cheers, an induction kit is defo worth it. Be it the forge one, or the ITG, if you get a Forge one, it defo needs to be done as above otherwise it doesnt work half as well.

I'm loving the wheels, got some new goodies that I'll be using on them soon to keep them nice n clean. Just really wants its lows putting on now.

Jay

Aug 3, 2011
So back from holidays and the first free day I had I got my springs fitted, what a difference they make to the Look of the car. 35mm drop front and rear.

IMG_20120923_100726_zps9bde15f6.jpg

IMG_20120923_095140_zps241324a6.jpg

Also got recall on bonnet leaver done and while I was at seat got this too

IMG_20120923_101441_zpsc288270c.jpg

Aug 3, 2011
Ride is fine , as expected, softer on the front than the rear, but thats because ive had the rear dropped an extra 10mm and the front done an extra 5mm so they were both 35/35 rather than 30/25.

I had 35mm eibachs on my fiesta before this so Im used to the ride. the fiesta was stiffer/harder ride.

Not really got any other plans(or money!) an exhaust would be nice but a grand is a lot of money. I reckon when it comes to selling time, I will be able to get rid of the induction kit and if I dont want them I could find a buyer for the alloys too. exhaust I'd say would be hardest thing to sell on.

Jay

Aug 3, 2011
haha, I do mate I do. Will be first one to know. But I see no chance of it soon, sorry ;)

Too much fun, even though its only stage 1 theres not much to challenge them.

Aug 3, 2011
lol not a problem mate :p got my eye on something a little bit different and a little bit faster :D

Ohhh do tell? Must be quick if its faster than these little engiens

Looks good jay, 35mm drop is perfect!

Yeha its pretty good, cheers mate. I reckon I could of had 40mm on the front, though I have scraped the bottom of the bumper a bit. far too many speed bumps around Leeds.

Took my wheels off yesterday(okay, I took one of) and im going to give them a winter detail/protection detail with wolfs rim nanoshield. Going to do the other 3 this evening, will post up results, the first one was nice and easy to clean, thought it would be worse.

Jay

Mar 13, 2010
Looking good jay, he is right tho with a map on they post some silly 1/4 miles times which is to 100 basically.

S3's are really nice, i like the new one coming out, 300bhp, im thinking of investing at some point.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.