Tracking systems and security.

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi all.

So I'm not sure whether this has been raised here before, I had a quick search but couldn't find anything really.

I've got a Cupra 300, with the standard alarm etc, and something happened today that got me thinking.

I work in an office at the end of an industrial estate and we have a small car park. So this afternoon one of the warehouse guys comes into the office and says that he has just had to move a guy along who had been parked right next to me in a relatively empty lot near the back, he had gotten out of the car, Black BMW if it makes any difference :) with his hoody up and was looking around near my car and using his phone. When our lad asked if he needed anything he just stammered and said he was going now got in his car and drove away.

Anyway, may have just been a randomer, but it got me thinking about whether the car has enough security ie alarm immobiliser etc and whether it's worth adding a tracker or something to beef up security.

So I thought I'd see if anyone had added anything to theirs like this Nd any recommendations?

Sorry for the essay.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The quickest, cheapest and easiest thing to get before they come back, is to get a StopLock Pro Elite from Halfords @ £45.86. Even better as it has always been £60. This can be a visual deterent to make them go away whilst you look into additional security..

upload_2018-12-13_7-3-58.png

Reactions: Walone

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I am getting the stoplock pro elite for Christmas as it has great reviews I think if someone really wants your car that badly they will find a way, but a good visible deterrent will usually deter the average car thief so worth it for 50 quid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I would also add that if you have a Revo map on the car (stage one / two I think) then you can use the SPS Switch to turn on the security switch.

What that does is allow everything to work but when you start the ignition it starts and then stops (as if there were a problem or no fuel).
Keeps happening and there is nothing to see.

Ghost is also a very good bit of kit a lot of people are very happy with that but there is no visible sign which does help stop the kids....

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What that does is allow everything to work but when you start the ignition it starts and then stops (as if there were a problem or no fuel). Keeps happening and there is nothing to see.

I prefer this to ghost as its not obvious its immobilised. Plus, I hope the sound of my car starting 3+ times will wake me up!

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The quickest, cheapest and easiest thing to get before they come back, is to get a StopLock Pro Elite from Halfords @ £45.86. Even better as it has always been £60. This can be a visual deterent to make them go away whilst you look into additional security..

View attachment 3289
The best (but not very convenient) mechanical lock by a country mile is the Disklok. It is not cheap but how much do you value your motor, I fit mine every night and put in the passenger footwell while driving.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.