Traction Control Button

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
My son bought a 2015 pre-facelift Ibiza last week. There are a couple of things I want to get the dealer to sort out. One of them is the traction control.

It has a traction control button down next to the gear lever. When you press it, nothing happens. Nothing at all. Hold the button, still nothing. What it supposed to happen? I assume a light on the dash comes on? The switch lights up? Something???

I just want to know what is wrong before I say anything to the dealer.

Thank you :0)

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Mine has a esp button, if I press it for like 10 seconds a light appears and esp is turned off.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just a guess, I can't see a Toca with its 1.4 16v 84PS petrol engine ever being equipped with TCS from factory, maybe a previous owner has thought about retro fitting it and only got as far as fitting the switch ?

Edit:- but I could be wrong. I spec'd my wife's old 2002 Polo 1.4 16V 75PS with EDL etc to try to make it more useful in some winter conditions, so that car would also have had TCS and these systems were given an ESP button to disable them temporarily.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
With engine running. a short press of the $$ OFF button lights a yellow lamp in the bottom left of the rev counter. The light reads $$ OFF. (I think - anyway its the exact same logo as the switch).

However, the TCS switch is not down by the gear lever but high up on the centre dash. This is an unmodified 15 plate car (definitely pre-facelift).

Picture of switch position:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/aut...c/seat-ibiza-media-system_0.jpg?itok=gCwQOMSt

I checked and 13/14 TOCAs have same the switch layout.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Right, so I was wrong, a Toca can have TCS and so a switch, but, I think it depends on which media system these cars have as I'm sure that I've read of people relocating the TCS button if/when upgrading the media system, does that sound like a possibility?

Edit:- probably along with all these buttons back down to the gearstick area?

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
My son tried the button today and it works! light on the dash comes on and off. I don't know why it didn't when i tried it, mystery.

Thank you for the input anyway. Just need to get the papery rattle from the fan sorted. And the brake squeal.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Right, so I was wrong, a Toca can have TCS and so a switch, but, I think it depends on which media system these cars have as I'm sure that I've read of people relocating the TCS button if/when upgrading the media system, does that sound like a possibility?

Edit:- probably along with all these buttons back down to the gearstick area?

mine is a 1.4 16v and it has ESP and TCS

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise