Traction light staying on, as well as other codes, help

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Hi everyone,
I have a 2007 Leon FR PD170 with the BMN engine, it’s done a steady 190,000 miles but still drives well, pulls well etc but recently the traction control light has come on and stays on.
Now I’ve done some research and seen people say ABS module, which is then confirmed when the cars scanned for codes and it brings up an ABS error code, which I don’t have.
Here’s all the codes I have, I am aware that the rear door locks have the common fault where they don’t unlock with the key etc I’m not worried about that but the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system error codes and tail light error code? All my rear lights work so not sure why that is there?
I have also cleared them and driven it for a week or so and read it again and these codes remain so the problems are existing.

If anyone could help, would be appreciated cheers!
271c254e3085329e9a7266272ba3637e.jpg

f42e7372845af1dbab52a3bec545a328.jpg

0991fc5909c44e7eeaee607746788d93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Looks like a previous owner has been messing with the coding of the control modules.

Not sure about the traction control light though as none of the error codes you have appear to relate to that.

The Mk2 Leon doesn't have a separate control module or in-tyre sensors for the TPMS. It's done through the ABS sensors. The flag for that just needs clearing in the CAN gateway and instrument cluster and those codes will disappear, but I don't think you'll be able to do that with the app your using.

The fault on the ignition starter switch is fairly self explanatory. The electrical part of the ignition switch will need replacing.

The DPF error seems to be indicating the DPF is too full with ash / soot to operate effectively, which wouldn't be surprising at all at 190k miles. That will be expensive to replace though. Outside chance it could be the pressure sensor at fault but that usually has its own error code.

Not sure about the codes for the lights if they are working... you could try replacing the bulbs anyway and see if that makes them go. If not, it could be a wiring fault or a fault in the detection circuitry in the BCM.

Last edited:

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Looks like a previous owner has been messing with the coding of the control modules.

Not sure about the traction control light though as none of the error codes you have appear to relate to that.

The Mk2 Leon doesn't have a separate control module or in-tyre sensors for the TPMS. It's done through the ABS sensors. The flag for that just needs clearing in the CAN gateway and instrument cluster and those codes will disappear, but I don't think you'll be able to do that with the app your using.

The fault on the ignition starter switch is fairly self explanatory. The electrical part of the ignition switch will need replacing.

The DPF error seems to be indicating the DPF is too full with ash / soot to operate effectively, which wouldn't be surprising at all at 190k miles. That will be expensive to replace though. Outside chance it could be the pressure sensor at fault but that usually has its own error code.

Not sure about the codes for the lights if they are working... you could try replacing the bulbs anyway and see if that makes them go. If not, it could be a wiring fault or a fault in the detection circuitry in the BCM.

Cheers for your reply. The DPF I’m not too worried about either as I’ll just get that taken out and mapped out before long, just want to get everything else ironed out before I stick some money into that sort of thing.

I just want to sort the traction control light/lack of traction control. Read a bit about a brake light switch so thought maybe the brake light code related to that or something? Not sure if the traction control light is related to the TPMS codes, this is why I’m stumped, they don’t seem related but maybe are

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You've tried the obvious and pressed the button to turn off the TPMS light right?
You're aware it's an MOT fail if the tester see's you've removed or fiddled with the DPF?

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
You've tried the obvious and pressed the button to turn off the TPMS light right?
You're aware it's an MOT fail if the tester see's you've removed or fiddled with the DPF?

It’s not the TPMS light on but I have tried pressing the TPMS button and TCS button and resetting the codes but still no avail.
And I am aware of that, I just know the right MOT testers

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
The ABS/Traction/TPMS are all linked. Sounds as though there is a problem with probably the ABS hub/ring sensor this monitors wheel rotation speed. A fault with this would cause all those links to come on.

I think a more specific VAG diagnostic might tell you the wheel.