Traded car for Seat Leon

Mar 13, 2011
Not traded but currently have 2011 Mk 2 Cupra (which is sold subject to buyer turning up with the cash) and have on order Mk 3 Cupra 280, due to be built next week.

Looks like we'll be managing on one car for a month or so. That is going to be a challenge, but part of the grief involved in selling privately rather than part ex'ing.

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
Not traded as on Motability, changing from a 2011 Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTi Auto Exclusiv A/C to a Seat Leon SE 1.6TDi DSG in Lima Green, due to collect on 28th May. Can't wait

daz990

Apr 16, 2014
EoinM. What made you change over to leon??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
62 plate Mk6 Golf Match 1.4TSI DSG

Leon has more power, much more torque, a higher top speed, is quicker to 60, uses much less fuel and emits much less CO2, so has lower running costs to go with the lower list price. Oh, and more toys :)

cybman

Apr 21, 2014
im thinking about trading my Mercedes SC c30 for the seat leon cupra, but im afraid about the quality of seat...:(, the interior in pictures is very very plastic...dark...dont know what to do.

springerFR

Jan 22, 2014
South Wales
Trade in

Hi Cybman

Interior not too bad in fact ,lack of descent size storage bins and unlined glove box were a big disappointment.
So far the build quality seems fine. Paint no so durable .

A bit of a stigma of moving from a Mercedes to Seat from the fellows at work but many like the styling

I am quite impressed overhaul:)

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
im thinking about trading my Mercedes SC c30 for the seat leon cupra, but im afraid about the quality of seat...:(, the interior in pictures is very very plastic...dark...dont know what to do.

I had a C320 in 2007, and compared to that, the Seat interior quality isnt far behind, if at all. Granted, there are one or two questionable elements lower down the dash on the Leon, it isn't hard to find why the Leon costs less than an Audi A3, but honestly everything you touch and use regularly is easily as good as the Merc. I always found with Mercedes that they look great at first glance, but spend some more time behind the wheel and you soon wonder why they command such a premium over other marques. My c class rusted on the drivers door after only 8 months... And the interior trim squeeked and rattled as though it was trying to become a Vauxhall. I hated it by the time it got traded in for a Volvo S40, which was a far superior car all round as it turned out. My partner used to work for a leasing company, so we got to own many different marques over the three years there. My favourite was my Range Rover, which I have yet to better... And I, like you, had concerns when considering how the Leon would compare. They turned out to be unfounded. The only things Seat have saved money on really are the bits that don't make much difference. How long do you spend caressing the transmission tunnel on your Mercedes? If the answer is not an awful lot, lol, then you'll be fine in a Cupra. Its a lovely car.

Also, it doesn't have to be dark... There are several options available to lighten it up, including a couple of two tone options which look great in the right colours. Have a look on the configurator on the website, you'll be surprised how nice they can be.

Last edited:

Excalpino

Jan 30, 2014
Perth, - still in the UK :-)
Honda Civic 2.2d EX 140bhp on 18" alloys with all the toys on 08 plate......... lots of torque but very narrow power band, ( 2000- 3000) very firm suspension and front -end heavy with a tendency to understeer.

Leon 184 reminds me what it used to be like driving a petrol car! 2000 - 4000 rpm in 4th = 45mph->90mph and an empty rear view mirror :D Love the xds electronic diff.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members