Traded the M3 for a CR170 Supercopa!!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
The deal is done, and the car was collected on Thursday, and immediately driven to Drayton Manor Park from Braintree. Its filthy already!

Babys1stPic.jpg

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
...... and without any hint of bias eh!!!!

I would never do such a thing!! Hehe

In all fairness I thought it was the best looking (white, grey wheels, btcc kit) even when I had my track grey FR

...and this is why I now I have a white btcc FR :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
that is bloody stunning!
whilst im not a bmw fan, and regardless that i own a Leon myself lol...if that went past me i would be jelous! just colour code the mirrors please! and its a beaut!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
And black grill...and black roof...and red calipers :)
Then get in touch with robthebubble and get some DRL LEDs sorted for those bumper vents...because making them yourself is a PITA!!

And then we can have twin cars :) hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I'll sort the performance first I reckon. I can feel a remap coming before the cosmetics on this one. The black grille may have to come first though as I want a few miles on it before the remap, just so I know all is well! I waited for 5000 miles on the PD150 when we got that in 2004 but I reckon 3000 is enough. And it'll need a filter. Maybe take an inch out for the ride height too. And later an exhaust.

The list begins......!!!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I like that one, but I need the black or white surround - I am not a fan of chrome. I want it to still have the Seat badge and I'm not a fan of the honeycomb backing that Seat flog as an accessory that sits behind the original slatted grille.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
White is right!!!! I love the Supercopa from the rear - the exhaust exits are well spaced and those BBS wheels are awesome. The other thing is simply the huge list of toys as standard too. And in white to really ice the cake!!!

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
Now this is not really the home of objective opinion on the matter, but considering that's a car which is about to be replaced, the styling of the mk2 leon has really aged well. Still looks fresh.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
A fine choice if I may say so.

Almost as good looking as mine. :p

I doff my cap in your general direction Sir!!

speed blue is the colour ;)

Good choice on the swap too but bet the m3 was a great drive :thumbsup:

I get the speed blue and it looks great, but preferred the white against the black grilles etc and with 2 kids climbing in and out of it, and it spending a lot of time around supermarkets and the school runs the white won't show minor scratches as much (I hope). With the M3, it was an awesome 18 months, but an expensive one in terms of fuel alone (23 mpg tops or £85 every 240 miles and I did 12000 miles in it)!! The sound and the power that thing had was simply mid-blowing - 414 bhp from the 4.0 V8, 0-60 in 4.7, right wheel drive, and a mid range to really write home about especially if you stirred the box and took it by the scruff of the neck; yet docile and well mannered around town. If only it weren't such a drunk!! Playing would easily get it to 12 mpg. It is every bit as good as any write up suggests.

Now this is not really the home of objective opinion on the matter, but considering that's a car which is about to be replaced, the styling of the mk2 leon has really aged well. Still looks fresh.

I reckon its done similar to the Mk1 in that respect in that it has aged well over time with just enough of a refresh thrown in here and there to pep it up a bit. The big thing that always let the Mk2 down was the centre console pre-facelift. That alone stopped me buying one when we bought the Octavia VRS in 2007 (MY08).

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
I like that one, but I need the black or white surround - I am not a fan of chrome. I want it to still have the Seat badge and I'm not a fan of the honeycomb backing that Seat flog as an accessory that sits behind the original slatted grille.

I simply got the Cupra grill as i disliked the chrome too.

The Cupra grill is the same as in the picture just with the black gloss surround. Easier to clean too ;). Think it was £30 off eBay!

Car looks lovely! Enjoy it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.