Triple R FR Custom Rear Diffuser

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
Hello Everyone.

I always keep a keen eye on this thread and will one day be putting on a diffuser (will be sorting out all the aesthetics once I have finally sorted out my perfomance and handling mods, if that ever actually happens).

Anyway, if anyone is interested there is a guy in South Africa who does diffusers and splitters at a much lower price than triple r. (exluding shipping)

I have seen photos and they look pretty good.

If anyone is interested let me know and I can send you his details so you can inquire.

JoonasFr

Oct 14, 2011
Finland
Is it easy to do it with the boer fitted then, if so how did you clamp the top to stick and so on or did the rear bumper have to be removed

There are pics above, where u can see, how to clamp it. U just have to remove diffuser first.

Last edited:

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Is it easy to do it with the boer fitted then, if so how did you clamp the top to stick and so on or did the rear bumper have to be removed

Do you mean how does the diffuser actually fit onto the bumper? If so, the normal valance has clips all the way round, and 4 or 5 screws underneath. This is why the diffuser needs bonding to the original valance.

JoonasFr

Oct 14, 2011
Finland
Bad news...

I tried to order one from Triple r and Kev replied that they dont sell diffusers untill they have fixed the fitment issues. :confused:

They are not even shown on their website anymore. :cry:

Last edited:

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Bad news...

I tried to order one from Triple r and Kev replied that they dont sell diffusers untill they have fixed the fitment issues. :confused:

They are not even shown on their website anymore. :cry:

Ha!

I would say that is probably good news. They aren't far off fitting perfectly, mine just needs those minor adjustments.

RicJames

Sep 28, 2014
Lancashire
I might have to give them a call then (unless someone knows the answer obviously!!) as I ordered both a diffuser and a splitter at the beginning of last week and, somewhat foolishly as it turns out, before actually reading this thread.
I'm wondering if I can still get the splitter sent to me and I'll happily wait for the diffuser, or as my order was placed before the temporary withdrawal I'll still be sent mine?

JoonasFr

Oct 14, 2011
Finland
Front of yours is looking good! Have you considered glossing the valance in the mean time? That would improve it just as much.

Thanks. That yellow FR in my avatar is my old leon.

I am getting my new leon on this friday (Seat Leon Cupra 2010 in Speed Blue). The front is going to be modified same type as my old one and yeah I think I just the spray the valance first. Might look good as well... :)

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks. That yellow FR in my avatar is my old leon.

I am getting my new leon on this friday (Seat Leon Cupra 2010 in Speed Blue). The front is going to be modified same type as my old one and yeah I think I just the spray the valance first. Might look good as well... :)

Yeah. Front looks good like that - I modded mine the same. Also sprayed my fog surrounds last night in gloss black.

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Slightly off topic, do you have a photo anywhere of your fog light surrounds, that idea has crossed my mind too... :think:
Here you go

dcf87de66bb224cdf18352c52a4303ec.jpg

e795d56392108ea954654b712e247162.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Kyado

Jan 13, 2015
Nice!! It looks like I'm going to have to buy some black gloss!! What did you use? And have you also done the grill below/behind the number plate too?

I used Halfords own Gloss Black spray, and also their grey primer - 3 coats of primer, 2 of gloss. Also did the screws, for the detail.

Did it off the car.

I haven't done the grill, it actually looks black as it is, although not gloss. but it wasn't the sort of grey that the fogs were. Need to do the scuttle panel next, and spoiler when it comes!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise