Trouble starting 1.0 mpi

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
The car either starts straightaway, or if it doesn't, the accelerator needs to be pressed completely down when trying to start and after 5 seconds it will start!

RAC came out last time it wouldnt start and checked: leads plugs etc but couldnt find a fault.

Any suggestions?

davrosa

The car either starts straightaway, or if it doesn't, the accelerator needs to be pressed completely down when trying to start and after 5 seconds it will start!

RAC came out last time it wouldnt start and checked: leads plugs etc but couldnt find a fault.

Any suggestions?

ive just suffered a very similar problem but it would turn over and then loose all the revs and not start atall, so far the garage have told me its the immobiliser so that might be something to look into, i hope this is some sort of help

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent

Any suggestions?
How is the service history? Sounds like it might just need a clean up, as said. Look at putting some injector cleaner through it. For sure, it won't harm it :)
ive just suffered a very similar problem but it would turn over and then loose all the revs and not start atall, so far the garage have told me its the immobiliser so that might be something to look into, i hope this is some sort of help
Yours is definitely the immobiliser. It runs for a brief moment but cuts out because the transponder receiver isn't recognising the key. A dash light will also flash with a large key over a whole car symbol. Make sure the surround on the ignition is located and plugged in correctly, the transponder is secured in the key, and after that... Start looking for a new immob. unit.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise